1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need input on tires, please!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bluegrass, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Jun 13, 2014 at 5:53 PM
    Bluegrass

Bluegrass [OP] New Member

Member:
    TRD Off Road
    Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum, although Ive been reading it for insight for a while. I have a simple question about the tires I will soon put on my 2007 TRD Off Road DC. I have narrowed my option to the BFG A/T KO and the BFG Mud Terrain KM2s. I know quite bit about both tires, so I just need to opinions on my current situation.

My taco is no longer my daily driver(I bought a 96 accord as a work car/gas saver), so my truck is basically garage kept and used as my rig to hunt, fish, scout, and, most importantly, have the carseat in for my family(the accord is too small). If it was my daily driver I would most likely go with the A/Ts for their legendary longevity, but since I put so few miles on the truck I'm also considering the KM2s for the aggressive look and off road prowess. If yall can find a minute to respond with your thoughts on my dilemma, it would be must appreciated! Thanks!

2. Jun 13, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    Tire opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, and in most cases, nobody likes anyone else's. That said, if you encounter snow and want a do-all tire, its hard to beat the goodyear duratrac. BFGs don't even make my "maybe list" when buying tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top