1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just Ordered My Tacoma...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 10ptXtreme, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Jun 16, 2014 at 5:52 AM
    10ptXtreme

10ptXtreme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB TRD Sport Voodoo Blue
    A local dealer that I've been talking with called me up late last week to let me know that they had received the same exact truck that I am looking to buy, with the exterior color being the exception. It was a 2014 Tacoma DCSB 4x4, TRD Sport Package, with the 6spd manual in Spruce Mica. So Saturday my wife and my daughter went down to the dealership to look the truck over and go for a test drive. Truth be told, there probably would've had to be something really wrong for me not to have bought a Tacoma. My wife liked the ride, as did I. I will say that I thought that I might like the Spruce Mica based upon the pictures I've seen of it. But man am I glad that I saw it in person... I hated it. In certain lighting, it has a goldish flake appearance to it that I truly dispised. It just reinforced my original decision to go with the Blue Ribbon Metallic.

A $1000 later, I've got my new truck on order, which will be about a 8 week leadtime. I think I got a pretty good deal on the truck - $31,000 not including the usual taxes and fees; and the dealer is throwing in the bed mat free with this deal. Now I've got to start figuring out which hard tonneau cover to buy for it. If you have any suggestions, post them up.

David

2. Jun 16, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    thebirdman

thebirdman Member

Member:
    First Name:
    randy
    brampton
    Vehicle:
    LTB
    defiantly go with the access (original) cover, have had several with zero issues

3. Jun 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    hrspwr236

hrspwr236 X-Runner Addict

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    Python Alarm, Scangauge II, Valentine V1 w/ Blendmount, Black Front Badge, Volant CAI w/ Ram Air Scoop, TRD CBE, Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb, 19" TSW Montage, 245/45/19 Hankook V12, FLM, BHLM, 6k Heads & 3k Fogs, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Tacoma Bed Mat, Headrest Delete
    Congrats on the purchase. For fiberglass cover, I would go with a snuglid SL or for a hard roll up cover I would go with a Retrax and allow for more flexibility.

4. Jun 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    FrostyPower

FrostyPower Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB Blue Ribbon
    Lift Kit - Toytec 3" Billstein full suspension lift Tires - 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac Rims - 17" 015 Black American Eagle Rims Nerf Bars - N-Fab Black nerf bars Painted Fender Flares - Bushwacker flares OEM skid plate
    Congrats, I love the Blue Ribbon too and is my favorite color, that's why I picked it too. Send pics when you get it!

5. Jun 16, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    triplejjj

triplejjj Pictographer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X 4X4
    LoPro QT, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liners, ScanGauge, WeatherTech Deflectors, Drop in Billet Grill, Train Horns, PanoFlex Window Tint, Viper Alarm, Remote Start, Console Vault,
    Congrats, I'm going to order mine next that way I get what I want in it.

6. Jun 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    hawkeye89

hawkeye89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    '14 Spruce Tacoma DCSB
    Tailgate Antitheft, Locking storage bins, sliders, caltrend seat covers, seat warmers, bike racks, tonneau cover
    :duel: I love my spruce mica

7. Jun 16, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    VaGlock

VaGlock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    central virginia
    Vehicle:
    14 DBLC / Sport / Blue Ribbon Metalic
    Weathertech mats and wind deflectors, Bak Flip cover, CB Radio,Clazzio seat covers,Scan gauge,Uni filter,LED interior lights, Redline hood struts
    Just got my Blue Ribbon Metallic DCSB and I put on the Bakflip VP. It is very nice and sits flush with the bed sides.

8. Jun 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    I think the undercover tonneau color matched looks the best.
    It is also a reasonable price too.
    One thing though, all locking tonneau covers can still be compromised
    by thieves, so don't leave valuables in there overnight or for long periods.

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/

9. Jun 17, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    harley3

harley3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Lexington KY
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Redline Tuning Elite Hood Lifts, Weathertechs, Black Devil Horns (thank you Andres), G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors (thank you Greg), interior LED lights, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Kenwood 700w amp, Alpine door speakers tweeters and sub, SuperCrewSounds single sub box
    Congrats on your future truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top