1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory replacement black bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lloyd, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Jun 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    lloyd

lloyd [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma Access 2.7
    HID headlights, LED interior lights, Hella and stock HID foglights, Hella HID driving lights, backup camera, Wiper mod, cruise control mod, higher rate springs , X- runner Rear rollbar and x-brace, K&N air filter, Amsoil in trans and diff, EBC yellow stuff pads pads, stainless brake lines, 18x8 40mm wheels with 235 55r 18 tires, oil cooler with remote big oil filter
    Hi,
    A woman in a hummer decided she did not like my taco being in front of her(she actually was texting in a rain storm:mad:) now I need a new rear bumper.

What is the finish on the black factory replacement bumper? When I had it appraised myself, the dealer said the bumper would need painted. The insurance agent said it wouldn't and does not want to pay for painting the bumper.

Who is right? What type of finish does the black Toyota replacement bumper have?

Thanks,

2. Jun 16, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    wgreenlee1021

wgreenlee1021 Off the Meds Again...

Member:
    Was it black to begin with?
    If it was they have to put it back like it was....:thumbsup:

3. Jun 16, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    lloyd

lloyd [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma Access 2.7
    HID headlights, LED interior lights, Hella and stock HID foglights, Hella HID driving lights, backup camera, Wiper mod, cruise control mod, higher rate springs , X- runner Rear rollbar and x-brace, K&N air filter, Amsoil in trans and diff, EBC yellow stuff pads pads, stainless brake lines, 18x8 40mm wheels with 235 55r 18 tires, oil cooler with remote big oil filter
    My original was black to begin with. The replacement Toyota bumper is black, but I heard it is just a primer and needs painted from one source.

Does any one know if the Black replacement Toyota bumper has a quality black finish or just a black primer?

4. Jun 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I thought you could order them OEM color-matched but I could be wrong. I agree, if your original bumper was the painted one then your insurance company needs to replace it how it was before the wreck so make them paint it if it needs to be! :mad:

5. Jun 16, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES
    I had a woman "squeak" by me at a Red light to change lanes/ pass me. She Mostly just scratched the bumpers end paint and left some of her paint behind. I asked my dealer's part's manager and he said - did not have it and had no info, and to contact Toyota. I contacted Toyota via Email and they said approximately .....

"..... The bumper is bought from the supplier already painted and there is no official Toyota touch up paint for it. Check with an auto body shop to have them custom match the color ......"

Perhaps you can fare better with your dealer. If you do get a match to an existing touch up paint, I'd love to have you post it for us !!

For me, I was able to buff out most of the damage ....
    BTW - the woman knew she hit me, Waived and mouthed "I'm sorry" before driving off through the red light. Of Course she was driving a sh!t mobile....
    Good Luck

6. Jun 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM
    bmwfornow

bmwfornow Member

Member:
    Davenport, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    I have an 09 standard 4x4 and a girlfriend backed into a post at her own house she had lived in for 5 years. (pretty sure the post wasn't new) Anyway, the OEM toyota bumper shell I ordered from toyota was a perfect match/finish. (black). Not just primer.

Products Discussed in

To Top