Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

biggest tire size for a 6in lift

Old 06-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
kevb52 is on a distinguished road
kevb52's Tacoma Gallery
Question biggest tire size for a 6in lift

Just purchased a 2014 double cab off road and want 20" moto metal mo962's with some 35" nitto mud grapplers. Will this setup fit under a 6in bds lift? I realize there might be a bit of trimming required but I'm okay with that. I was also thinking of getting the most offset possible. Does anyone have a similar build? Pics? I was thinking about squeezing some 37's on 22" rims under there but I have a feeling that more lift would be required for that and I don't want it to turn out too bro.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Conceal Carry
slodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant future

Name: Steven
slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
All I had to do is trim a little and they fit great
Old 06-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
Conceal Carry
slodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant futureslodc4 has a brilliant future

Name: Steven
slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't want it to turn out "bro" as you stated then don't get 20" wheels
Old 06-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I have 37's with 0" of lift. I could fit 40's on an xrunner with enough sawzall blades.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Also want to think about the gear ratios. Stock gears to turn 35's will probably make that brand new truck a little sluggish. If you do go 37's then do the gears also.

If you don't want a "bro" truck then huge wheels isn't the way to go. Stick with 17's or 18's and try not to chrome it out. But it's your truck, put your style into it and you'll love it even more.

Also, you don't need a 6" lift to fit 35's. You can do it with a 3" lift and a little more trimming.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Also want to think about the gear ratios. Stock gears to turn 35's will probably make that brand new truck a little sluggish. If you do go 37's then do the gears also.

If you don't want a "bro" truck then huge wheels isn't the way to go. Stick with 17's or 18's and try not to chrome it out. But it's your truck, put your style into it and you'll love it even more.

Also, you don't need a 6" lift to fit 35's. You can do it with a 3" lift and a little more trimming.
Or a burning desire to take a hammer to your truck
Old 06-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevb52 View Post
Just purchased a 2014 double cab off road and want 20" moto metal mo962's with some 35" nitto mud grapplers. Will this setup fit under a 6in bds lift? I realize there might be a bit of trimming required but I'm okay with that. I was also thinking of getting the most offset possible. Does anyone have a similar build? Pics? I was thinking about squeezing some 37's on 22" rims under there but I have a feeling that more lift would be required for that and I don't want it to turn out too bro.
The 35's will rub some with the wheels turned & hitting a large bump at the same time. Minor trimming of the fender corners will fix most of it. If you really go offroad any the rub is worse. For driving around town it's fine. I just downsized from 35's (315's) to 33's (285's) and have no more rubbing.