Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

883 #'s on TRD DBL CAB 4WD

Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
883 #'s on TRD DBL CAB 4WD

I have 884's on my front with TSB leafs on the back and have the bro lean. I cant decide if I want to swap out my 884's for 883's or just go back to stock. Can anyone running this setup tell me what your alignment numbers are for caster/camber?

And how level are you with 883's and the TSB 4 leafs?

Thanks,
Jay
Old 07-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
I have 884's on my front with TSB leafs on the back and have the bro lean. I cant decide if I want to swap out my 884's for 883's or just go back to stock. Can anyone running this setup tell me what your alignment numbers are for caster/camber?

Thanks,
Jay
883's should be perfect at 0 setting on 5100's or ome struts with the rear tsb springs!! Should have about .50" rack back to front maybe even .25"
Old 07-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im going to grab some for my 14 dcsb 4x4!! Pair eith 5100's at 0 so dont have to compress the trd spring ( even though i dont have the bad trd offroad springs!! Should be about 1.25-1.50" in front which roght now im 1.50 inches high in rear with factory tsb 3 + 1 pack !!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #4
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the 883's with 5100's set at 0. On a 2011 DCSB prerunner. I don't have the TSB's I have the 2+1 leaves and mine sits pretty level. I am very impressed with the ride and no bro lean !! I would post a pic but having issues doing that. Check out my photo gallery if you went to see how it looks .
Old 07-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Why not bring up the rear just a bit? You could throw in a 1" block to keep it simple and cheap, or your choice of aal. Just a thought, would be easier and cheaper than replacing coils.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
I'm running the 883's with 5100's set at 0. On a 2011 DCSB prerunner. I don't have the TSB's I have the 2+1 leaves and mine sits pretty level. I am very impressed with the ride and no bro lean !! I would post a pic but having issues doing that. Check out my photo gallery if you went to see how it looks .
Yep great combo I think with the tsb leafs and the 883 u accomplish lift in the front and keep factory rake with a great no preload ride!!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #8
mx355 will become famous soon enough
Name: Trent
mx355's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 08-18-2014, 07:41 AM   #9
mx355 will become famous soon enough
Name: Trent
mx355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks,
Jay
Did you ever get the 883s installed? If so how does it right and how does it look, any pictures?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #10
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
I had vibe issues with my rear springs and swapped them out for the TSB leafs. That's why I didn't want to raise the rear. My original set yup was general spring HD leafs with 884's and it rode great and was perfectly level. My front end was making noise and the DS was vibrating and I couldn't fix the issues so out they came.

I just installed the 883's and the ride height is perfect with the TSB's. Same great ride as the 884's. I don't know why more people aren't running 883's. Lots of folks on TW looking for a better ride without creating problems and leveling out the truck or just wanting to run bigger tires this is the answer IMO. I just wished I had chosen this combo first and saved myself a ton of $$ experimenting. BTW.....I have some nearly new 884's for sale in the 2nd gen marketplace!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:03 AM   #11
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had vibe issues with my rear springs and swapped them out for the TSB leafs. That's why I didn't want to raise the rear. My original set yup was general spring HD leafs with 884's and it rode great and was perfectly level. My front end was making noise and the DS was vibrating and I couldn't fix the issues so out they came.

I just installed the 883's and the ride height is perfect with the TSB's. Same great ride as the 884's. I don't know why more people aren't running 883's. Lots of folks on TW looking for a better ride without creating problems and leveling out the truck or just wanting to run bigger tires this is the answer IMO. I just wished I had chosen this combo first and saved myself a ton of $$ experimenting. BTW.....I have some nearly new 884's for sale in the 2nd gen marketplace!
Yeah I agree . I really like my 883's. Very happy with the out come . I have the prerunner with the non TSB's and it leveled me out just right. I would recommend this set up to any one that is looking for this set up .