1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bad vabration front end

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by silverfoxvtx, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Jun 29, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    silverfoxvtx

silverfoxvtx [OP] Member

Member:
    I have a bad vibration coming from the front end. When i was running the stock tires it always had a little vib....now that i have changed tires it really vibrates...I changed to a Michelin LTX it seems to be worse around 40 to 50mph....discount tire did the work have not taken it to a road force balance machine..Is there a for sure way to find out if its a tire wheel problem or in the drive train. with out taking somewhere...It does it coasting or driving normal...2012 sport 4x4 long bed...

2. Jun 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    JAGER91374

JAGER91374 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Des Plaines
    Vehicle:
    3 TRD O/R
    OME 883's and Dakars, OME Shocks, Gray Wire, Deck Plate, Blacked Out Chrome, RAT Skids, BAMF BPV Bracket, Toytec Diff Drop, Braided Extended Brake Lines Front and Rear, In-Dash Nav.
    Is it actually a vibration that shakes the truck and steering wheel or is it more of a noise that you can hear and possibly feel in the floor boards?

If you thinks its the tires I would swap the front and rears to see if the problem goes away.

Do you know someone with a tacoma, FJ, 4runner etc that would let you swap their wheels on for a test drive?

3. Jun 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    silverfoxvtx

silverfoxvtx [OP] Member

Member:
    I let my wife drive and i can feel it in the passenger seat...you can feel it in the steering wheel all over the truck..

4. Jul 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES
    I bought 4 new tires from a local tire store - and had a similar issue. Turned out to be two of the tires were out of round. When those tires were replaced and re balanced it was fine ....

Also, many years ago I had a problem on an old station wagon (that I eventually found that it had bad bearings in the front Drums) It had a similar condition. Sears put the car on a lift just off the floor and used a "TPD" (Tire problem detector) - basically its a motor with a wheel on the end of the motor shaft. The machine's wheel is put into contact with the tire and turned on. This makes the tire spin up to highway speed. On my bad tires the whole vehicle shaked .... Although the 2 front tires (which I had had for years) were still in good shape and re balanced, they were out of round.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  5. Jul 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM
    S1000RR

S1000RR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Supercharged Sport
    I had the same issue with I first put on my rims. Just took it back and the tires were not balanced correctly. Easy fix.

Products Discussed in

To Top