1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overhead compass/temp is acting weird

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BenWA, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Jul 1, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    BenWA

BenWA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    First, I am aware of the Overhead compass/temp fix thread, and have taken my display out at least 3 or 4 times now to resolder the resistor. Those previous times, the compass/temp display just went black and stopped working altogether.

Now, I have to turn the gauge on manually every time I turn my ignition on (previously, it would turn on automatically when I turned on the key). To turn it on now, I have to press the button 5 times to get the temp in deg C, then an additional 2 times to get it to read in deg F (7 button presses to get it from off to deg F).

Anyone have this experience? I took it out and inspected it and nothing looks weird, the resistor that I always resolder looks ok.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. Jul 1, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    hotrod53

hotrod53 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynd
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    ‘14 DCLB Sport, ‘18 TCH, ‘13 TCH
    Weathertech floor liners moded to hold OEM floor mats, weathertech vent visors, Toyota bed mat, LEER 100XL cap, hood gasket mod to stop whistling.
    My 2006 did that but not to the extent that yours has, 1 push brought mine back on. My fix was a solder joint.

Products Discussed in

To Top