1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bobswanson, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Jul 5, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    bobswanson

bobswanson [OP] Tacoma247

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Chickamauga
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2.7 & 2009 Tacoma TRD OR
    Interior - Pioneer NEX-4000, Kenwood Digital Amps, JL Audio Door speakers, JL Audio Stealth Sub box. Exterior - Bilstein 5100's, TRD Intake, TRD Exhaust, ATO Rear Bumper
    I'm currently running 265/75R16 Load Range E, I want to keep the size and go to a load range C or D, any one got any suggestions?.... and go!

2. Jul 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    bobswanson

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Chickamauga
    Vehicle:
    Interior - Pioneer NEX-4000, Kenwood Digital Amps, JL Audio Door speakers, JL Audio Stealth Sub box. Exterior - Bilstein 5100's, TRD Intake, TRD Exhaust, ATO Rear Bumper
    Thank you DoorDing, when I first got it, I put the Toytec leveling spacer in the front. I just installed a ATO rear bumper. I've got a 96 2.7 with BFG AT on it. I like the tires, they are just heavy, I use it for my farm truck. My 09 is my daily driver, but it ends up in the field as well. I'm planning on doing some trail runs with it as well. I've got BFG Rugged Fails on it now, but I'm tired of the load range E ride. I've looked at tire rack and trolled post all over TW. I just seem to not be able to find the tire size I want in a C. Goodyear had them in the SilentArmor, but it looks like they are stopping production on them. If I cannot find the load range c, I will run the E just because I like the ability to do what I want to, with the BFG AT's.

3. Jul 5, 2014 at 10:45 PM
    schwarthog

schwarthog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD Offroad MGM
    Ultragauge, Weathertechs, Plasti-dip rims/grille surround, Access Tonneau
    When I eventually take off the Rugged Fails, I plan on putting on something like the Michelin LTX AT2 tires, the Firestone Destination AT2s, or something similar. I don't want to decrease my mileage by running the BFG ATs, they're just too heavy IMO.

I think hardcore AT tires are a bit overrated (coming from an 18 yr old, so take my opinion with a grain of salt)...my dad and I have driven his F150 up in some very rocky, mountainous areas a-plenty for hunting and camping. He has Michelin LTX MS2 highway tires, they've never given us any trouble, wet or dry. We don't have extreme mud or anything, but we get a bit.

4. Jul 6, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    I second that statement. GoodYear Wrangler Duratrac Load Range C.

5. Jul 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    bobswanson

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Chickamauga
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for the info, I will take a look at the DuraTrac's, I like my BFG's AT, but they are heavy.

Products Discussed in

To Top