Name: Todd
PMDclassics's Tacoma Gallery
I want this Utility Chest

Where can I buy one?
Attached Thumbnails
I want this Utility Chest-box4.jpg  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Tractor supply.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Bluenik25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nik
Bluenik25's Tacoma Gallery
It is a trailer box. Any trailer, tractor Supply and most sporting goods stores carry them.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
PMDclassics is on a distinguished road

Okay thanks.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
Iggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shedIggy. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Iggy.'s Tacoma Gallery
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...FZSEfgodw2MAow
Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #6
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
You're gonna hate that thing after you start to realize how much you can't fit in it.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
PMDclassics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
You're gonna hate that thing after you start to realize how much you can't fit in it.
KB I think your right. It looks much deeper in the pic but 19 inches deep..I'll pass. Just looking for something to use for when I travel and need space for luggage, etc. I don't think I would like a tonneau cover as I like the ease of hauling stuff without a cover in the way.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at my build page, I have one and it holds enough.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDclassics View Post
KB I think your right. It looks much deeper in the pic but 19 inches deep..I'll pass. Just looking for something to use for when I travel and need space for luggage, etc. I don't think I would like a tonneau cover as I like the ease of hauling stuff without a cover in the way.
A Contico Tuff Box is an affordable, durable, weather sealed option. They're around $60 at Lowe's. The box sits a little higher than the bedside.

A slightly less durable, but pretty handy option is a 48 gallon Rubbermaid ActionPacker.

I have both of those boxes, along with a pair of 24 gallon ActionPackers.

The 48 gallon AP fits perfectly between the wheel wells, and a pair of 24 gallon APs fit just aft of the wheel wells. You can also fill a short bed with two of each.

I used two of the Contico boxes with my Baja, but they aren't quite the right size for the Tacoma, so they're being used for deck & patio storage. I'll keep the 48 gal AP in the bed most of the time in place of a Contico. With a Softopper, I'm not too concerned about someone bothering it. If you're interested, Walmart used to have a pretty good price on the 48 gal AP, with free shipping to your local store.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
A slightly less durable, but pretty handy option is a 48 gallon Rubbermaid ActionPacker.

I have both of those boxes, along with a pair of 24 gallon ActionPackers.

The 48 gallon AP fits perfectly between the wheel wells, and a pair of 24 gallon APs fit just aft of the wheel wells. You can also fill a short bed with two of each.

I used two of the Contico boxes with my Baja, but they aren't quite the right size for the Tacoma, so they're being used for deck & patio storage. I'll keep the 48 gal AP in the bed most of the time in place of a Contico. With a Softopper, I'm not too concerned about someone bothering it. If you're interested, Walmart used to have a pretty good price on the 48 gal AP, with free shipping to your local store.
I had been debating what to store my camping gear in... You win. Awesome idea. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll probably stick with one 48er + two 24ers since I want room at bed level for a cooler. A clever fella could rest a platform on the cargo rails (the APs fit right below them) to allow better access to two level storage under a cap. My Softopper complicates that with its internal framework, but I'll find a way.

I thought about building a sleeping platform above the APs, but it's just too crowded up top. Instead, I'm going with a double row of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I found the One True Box to Slide Under a Sleeping Platform.

30.6 QT Weathertight Storage Box
UCB-S
19.7 x 16.0 x 7.9

I found one at Walmart labeled as a Ziploc Weathertight Box - Small. The double side clips seem to work well with the weather seal, but I wish it had two more on the ends like the larger bins. Not as durable as a Pelican, but not bad for $11.

I think it's a new product, since no other Walmarts around me have them, and it doesn't even show up on Ziploc's site. They'll just slide under a crossmember resting in the bed pockets. A total of six should fit three deep in two columns, with room to spare on the sides. There's a larger one with about the same depth, but I think it'd leave more wasted space in a short bed.

41.2 QT Weathertight Storage Box
UCB-L
23.58 x 17.64 x 7.88
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #12
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDclassics View Post
Maybe some bed brackets and a cargo basket is your thing.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
looks easy to steal just saying
Old 07-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
looks easy to steal just saying
True. Lots of stuff is easy to steal.

I use a cable lock, tailgate lock, and Softopper to keep my box from being liberated, but it wouldn't be too difficult to defeat all three. The Bad Man would have to know to look, risk being seen doing his thing, and I'd have to be dumb enough to park in an area preferred by the Bad Man. Avoiding those circumstances is usually enough to deter theft in my area.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 AM   #15
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
This is cool as hell.