Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sad, Truck beat to death

Old 04-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
stormyday is on a distinguished road

stormyday's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stormyday Send a message via Yahoo to stormyday Send a message via Skype™ to stormyday
Sad, Truck beat to death

Friday (4/10/09), I drove close to 500 miles to visit my family. I was at my dad's house and a bad hail storm came. i had not shelter for my truck. It took a good beating. There is no metal body parts that do not have dents. The paint is even chipped on the hood. Amazingly the only piece of glass broken was my driver's side rear view mirror. Even the bed has dents in it and the washer fluid sprays on the hood were knocked out. The hail ranged in side from pea to golf ball + and lasted over 10 minutes. It was clost to 85 when it started and in the 40's when it finished. I think I even say a tornado in the distance.

Pics and video are at http://ryanweathers.blogspot.com/200...martin-al.html .

Luckly I still have full coverage with $0 deductable. Any advice on insurance and/or getting it fixed?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Where at?

War eagle!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Was it from that storm that we got?

War Damn Eagle bud!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
That blows. My last truck had hail damage. It pissed me off so much that I sold it and took the money from the insurance company. I now live in SoCal where there's no chance of hail.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry to hear that man. We had hail here also (NorthWest Louisiana) but it was only pea sized. And for like 5 minutes.

Keep us updated.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to stormyday Send a message via Yahoo to stormyday Send a message via Skype™ to stormyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Where at?

War eagle!
War-Eagle!!

I was at Lake Martin, directly across from Still Waters. If you look closely in some of the pictures you can see Still Waters.

I am here for one more night and they are calling for hail again tonight.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Was it from that storm that we got?

War Damn Eagle bud!
War-Eagle!!

Yes I believe it was one of the same cells.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyday View Post
Friday (4/10/09), I drove close to 500 miles to visit my family. I was at my dad's house and a bad hail storm came. i had not shelter for my truck. It took a good beating. There is no metal body parts that do not have dents. The paint is even chipped on the hood. Amazingly the only piece of glass broken was my driver's side rear view mirror. Even the bed has dents in it and the washer fluid sprays on the hood were knocked out. The hail ranged in side from pea to golf ball + and lasted over 10 minutes. It was clost to 85 when it started and in the 40's when it finished. I think I even say a tornado in the distance.

Luckly I still have full coverage with $0 deductable. Any advice on insurance and/or getting it fixed?

I would go to the dealership in your hometown and see if they have a vendor that comes around to do paintless dent repair. They are usually really good at what they do and usually work for a good price. Just my two cents......
Old 04-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TRD View Post
I would go to the dealership in your hometown and see if they have a vendor that comes around to do paintless dent repair. They are usually really good at what they do and usually work for a good price. Just my two cents......
The problem is that there are several dents in the creases and the paint is cracked on some of them. They could probably fix everything except for the hood and the cab. The bed even has dents in it. I had some cardboard boxes in the bed covered with a tarp and they had 1" holes in them.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
dirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to beholddirthawker1313 is a splendid one to behold

dirthawker1313's Tacoma Gallery
yea no hail just an earthquake to make a whole building fall on your truck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoorreeyy View Post
That blows. My last truck had hail damage. It pissed me off so much that I sold it and took the money from the insurance company. I now live in SoCal where there's no chance of hail.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyday View Post

Get the paint color you always wanted!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #14

Tomorrow I take my truck to Allstate for inspection. The last time I delt with them, they wanted to issue me a check then and there. I am going to refuse it if they do tomorrow and take it to a couple of body shops to get estimates. Anyone have any suggestions? I want my truck back to the condition it was before the hail and no aftermarket parts.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #15

I took my truck this morning to Allstate for an adjuster to look at. He walked out and around and told me to take it to their "Pro" shop which is True 2 Form in my area. I told him I did not like them and wanted to go somewhere else.

I went to my Toyota Dealer's body shop and got a quote that was close to $5000 with no mud used, replacing the hood and roof, a lifetime guarantee and Toyota certified.

I have setup appointments with a few other shops to get quotes... I even called True 2 Form but they basically confirmed to me that they will try to screw anyone. I told them I wanted no mud used on my truck and they said that just about every new car on a car lot has mud used on it and it would take them 2 hours just to give me an estimate. I may get an estimate but the hell with them fixing it... I am not going to have a new truck with "bondo" patches all over it.

Any suggestions of low cost mods to have done when the body work is done? I thought about upgrading to a scoop hood if it would work and is close to the same $$ (purely for looks).
Old 04-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #16
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
Throw cold water or dry ice on ther during a hot day. It will pop most of those dents right out.

Have them cut in a sunroof while they are at it.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #17

Today I take my truck to be fixed. I am getting it done at the dealer's body shop since they were one of the cheapest quotes, newest shops and some of the best work. Unfortunately I will be without my Taco for around 3 weeks. I did fight the insurance company and got them to let me rent a car from my Toyota dealer (Camry or Corolla) instead of Enterprise. I don't know what I am going to do without a truck for that long.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #18

I got my truck back on Friday. Less than happy with the results. They left dents, put new ones in, got a tar like substance all over the place, ruined my all weather mats, scratched the interior and it goes on.

The truck was supposed to be detailed before I picked it up and I even got an e-mail saying "Repairs on your car are now complete. We’re detailing your car & will call you when its ready for pickup. Mike Johnson's."

I took photos and it is going back on Monday. I would have expected this from some no name place or el cheapo, but not from a body shop with the dealer's name on it.

Here is a link to photos

Old 05-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Damn
Old 05-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #20
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
That is some very sloppy work. I'd be all over the shop foreman/supervisor in a heartbeat. Sub-standard work.

Looks to me like typical insurance hurry-up job. You can't shop cheap for body/paint work. You get what you pay for. Sucks you gotta go through the ass pain to make this right.