Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

deck rail system

Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
hoepuncher is on a distinguished road
hoepuncher's Tacoma Gallery
deck rail system

Does anyone know where I can buy a deck rail system for the x-runner(access cab)? My cousin just bought a xrunner and just noticed that the deck rail system was missing. Part numbers will help. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Did he buy it new? Tell him to ask the dealer.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Nah we bought it used..and it was certified. its the whole set up...but yeah we ended up taking it back to the dealer complaining so we ended up getting it for free.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
excellent work. the certified used car means they strive to give you a car closest to new from the factory. missing deck rail should no question be included
Old 04-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
excellent work. the certified used car means they strive to give you a car closest to new from the factory. missing deck rail should no question be included
::shakes head:: Certified means that they completed a checklist and tacked a few grand onto the price. I'd be willing to be that the checklist did not include to check for the bed rails. (doubly so if the used car dealer was not a Toyota place)

Good on the dealer for making it right tho!!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
I dont even think they checked the checklist to tell you the truth. The xrunner was an 05 with 20k miles on it and we bought it for 18k out the door. The stuff were missing:
- Deck Rail System
- Some clips
- Tire Jack
- Engine valve cover
- Was not even prepped! (but thats ok, i detail cars for a hobby and wouldn't want dealer to put on buffer swirls)

Why did we buy it? Cuz it only had 20k miles, had the certified warranty and was the only dealer around my area that gave us the lowest price.

In the end we got everything missing for free so I think it was well worth it.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
And to get back on topic:
If anyone is looking for the part#, I think i found it:
http://www.toyota-parts.com/PD-PT785....aspx?MakeID=1

They have one for the short beds too.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoepuncher View Post
Nah we bought it used..and it was certified. its the whole set up...but yeah we ended up taking it back to the dealer complaining so we ended up getting it for free.
Good deal! At least they righted it!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:39 AM   #10
denmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dennis
denmen's Tacoma Gallery
Hey TW! Very minor insignificant request, for sure, but if it can solved by a simple query to this forum, then fine... looking for an end cap for the deck rail in 2013 Tacoma. Anyone got one they're willing to part with? To me, just a little annoying not having the complete set... please let me know if you have one, or know how I might acquire one on my own... text on the inside shows "26647A 6 >PA66<"

Old 06-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #11
DK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: N
DK2006Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmen View Post
Hey TW! Very minor insignificant request, for sure, but if it can solved by a simple query to this forum, then fine... looking for an end cap for the deck rail in 2013 Tacoma. Anyone got one they're willing to part with? To me, just a little annoying not having the complete set... please let me know if you have one, or know how I might acquire one on my own... text on the inside shows "26647A 6 >PA66<"

I've spoken with the parts department at my local dealer about these a few months ago. Apparently they're not sold separately and were only sold as a part of the entire rail assembly.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #12
TheDuke0fHurl is on a distinguished road
TheDuke0fHurl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmen View Post
Hey TW! Very minor insignificant request, for sure, but if it can solved by a simple query to this forum, then fine... looking for an end cap for the deck rail in 2013 Tacoma. Anyone got one they're willing to part with? To me, just a little annoying not having the complete set... please let me know if you have one, or know how I might acquire one on my own..

I should have a few lying around. I'll check when I get back to my truck.