Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
ñom ñom
BolsonShaft is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
BolsonShaft's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima Roof Rack on 2014 Tacoma Extended Cab

Yakima Roof Rack on 2014 Tacoma

I received my Yakima roof rack setup which I will be installing tomorrow.

Here are all the accessories that I will be using in order to be able to mount two mountain bikes on the roof of a Tacoma 2014 Extended Cab.

1) Yakima Round bars (58")
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) Yakima CopperHead Fork mount rooftop bike rack (2)

3) Yakima Roof rack Fairing (44")

4) Yakima Q-Clip set (Q127 & Q128)

5) Yakima SKS lock cores

6) Yakima End caps

7) Yakima Q Towers
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Not pictured)

Here is the cost breakdown, please note that all items were purchased from Amazon:

Note: All items were purchased using Amazon Prime which includes Free 2-day shipping.

Here is a photo of the truck before the install.

I will upload pics and updates after install.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
mCat is on a distinguished road
mCat's Tacoma Gallery
How much did this cost you?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
zscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shedzscott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zscott's Tacoma Gallery
Do you not need any type of mounting feet?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery

I did something similar but put it on my bed. It can be removed in about 2 mins.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zscott View Post
x2. I don't see the Q-towers listed. Mine's the same exact setup including the bike rack:
Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #6
ñom ñom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zscott View Post
Damn. I do need that. Oversight. Thanks for the tip. Gotta get em.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #7
ñom ñom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mCat View Post

If you add all the accessories im about $515 in without the towers.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #8
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
I would also recommend getting an extra locking core for the bike rack.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #9
ñom ñom

Will any Q-towers work? Can you please let me know the model # of the ones that worked on your taco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
x2. I don't see the Q-towers listed. Mine's the same exact setup including the bike rack:
Old 07-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't ordered already I'd add more lock cores- the rack will take four and each bike mount takes one. I'd go ahead and order extras as the accessories have a tendency to add up i.e. cable locks, cargo racks, etc.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #11
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajatacoma View Post
If you haven't ordered already I'd add more lock cores- the rack will take four and each bike mount takes one. I'd go ahead and order extras as the accessories have a tendency to add up i.e. cable locks, cargo racks, etc.
Yup...

I just added mine up and it came out to about $725 for everything. Luckily enough the BedRock system already came with the cores installed and I had more lock cores from my previous rack. I have 2 separate keys (one for the rack and one for the bike trays) but it's really a non issue since I only remove the rack every once in a while when I need to haul something. Yakima stuff is pricey but worth it in my opinion.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #12
craigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant future
Name: Craig
craigb's Tacoma Gallery
Check EBay for Q towers. Q clips work with the Q Towers. Make sure you put the rubber roof pieces on that came with the Q clips. They go on the bottom of the Q Towers.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #13
ñom ñom

Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up buying these since they were available Amazon Prime and paid extra $10.99 for Saturday delivery (tomorrow) I just cant wait any longer!!

They were $179.00
Old 07-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolsonShaft View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up buying these since they were available Amazon Prime and paid extra $10.99 for Saturday delivery (tomorrow) I just cant wait any longer!!

They were $179.00
Make sure they send it FeEX. UPS won't deliver on Sat. I've ordered a few things with next day shipping with Amazon Prime and it's been hit or miss on Sat. delivery. If I see it was shipped UPS I know I'm not getting it Sat. They have been really good about giving back the shipping fee though.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #15
ñom ñom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
Make sure they send it FeEX. UPS won't deliver on Sat. I've ordered a few things with next day shipping with Amazon Prime and it's been hit or miss on Sat. delivery. If I see it was shipped UPS I know I'm not getting it Sat. They have been really good about giving back the shipping fee though.
Thanks for the tip. I will check and either get prepared for the dissappointment of not getting it or requesting FedEx and actually receiving it.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #16
ñom ñom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mCat View Post
Here ya go!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #17
ñom ñom

Ok so I completed the install in about 90 minutes here are the pics. As someone is not very handy with installations, this was fairly simple. Only one tool was necessary (included)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Side view (before):

Side view (after)

Old 07-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
Jeffas7 is on a distinguished road

Jeffas7's Tacoma Gallery
Would be curious about your wind noise with fairing on vs off. I have the same set up minus fairing and it sounds like a jet fighter is in the roof. Looks good and like the MGM!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #19
ñom ñom

Funny you mention that, I took it out on the highway w/o the fairing and it was LOUD.

Did the same after installing the fairing and the wind noise was gone. I was hoping to return the fairing and save some $ but after the noise test, the fairing is proper.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #20
craigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant futurecraigb has a brilliant future
Name: Craig
craigb's Tacoma Gallery
For you guys that don't have the fairing. I was told to take a long bungee cord and wrap around front bar. I haven't tried it so not sure if it works or not. Don't use the hard rubber ones, use the newer ones.

Products Discussed in this Thread