1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is my Tacoma totaled?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by locster, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Aug 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    1993t100

1993t100 I’m good looking and I drive a Jeep.

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Sexy
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Yep, saw after I had posted. Thanks though

2. Aug 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    kwiklot

kwiklot RLTW

Member:
    dahlonega GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD 4x4
    You can probably get the same truck and put some change on your pocket. Awesome to hear the insurance agents didn't screw you.

3. Aug 8, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    locster

locster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4
    I wouldn't trust that suction cup on that Black Box to hold the camera in place in a crash. My gps with suction cup keeps falling off from just the heat alone.

For $20 more, the Mini-0801 GPS seems like a better choice.

4. Aug 8, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    Damn.

I'd say, even with a full frame to protect her, your wife is lucky the impact wasn't a nanosecond later and a few feet further back.

I like how you casually mentioned on p. 2 that there was a video. Like, "oh yeah, there is this little nugget, if anyone is interested...".

Glad it worked out for you, both with lack of injuries and with the truck getting totaled with cash in your pocket. That happens pretty rarely with insurance companies. Despite what the adjuster guy came on here and said, my experience even with "tier 1" companies is they will fuck you for anything they can.

5. Aug 8, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    bryanbyers28

bryanbyers28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Woodstock, GA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    WeatherTech floor liners LED Map, dome, and license plate lighting Home made console organizer 30" LED Light Bar in lower grill Toyota Bed Mat
    I would say it is totaled. This is coming from some one who is not an insurance agent. I sorry to say it for only see you had your truck for 4 days. My reasoning is for one major reason: airbags. My dad is a retired firefighter for the City of Atlanta and has seen some shit during his prime. The one thing he told me was that if the airbags deploy on any vehicle during an collision, he would consider the vehicle totaled. I asked why? His response would be that if the air bags were deployed and then repacked or had a new airbag put in(correct me if I am wrong any one, but i do not know how to rest an airbag) the main question is how do you know if that airbag is going to deploy again. God forbid you get in another accident. I just feel it is not safe to try and get your truck fixed from a safety stand point. Because is the most important thing! Cars and trucks will come in g as well as they can be replaced, but a life cannot. I am happy to hear you and your family are safe! I hope you are able to get another Tacoma as soon as possible! Best Wishes!

And I hope that dumb ***B WORD*** got caught!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  6. Aug 8, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ninja
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White TRD Off-road SR5 6 Speed
    URD True Cold Air Intake URD MAF PnP Version (Very easy to install) Full Custom Exhaust 2.5" Stainless Steel Pipe, Doug Thorley Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers, 2 stock catalytic converters (2 cat deletes), X Pipe, Dual Flowmaster Super 44s, 2 Jones 18 inch stainless steel tips, Full exhaust exits before rear passenger wheel like the SVT Lightning (I have Krisxone’s 09+ ECU adapter so I can go URD Boosted, Tested and working) 3 Inch Ultimate Toyotech lift (Silver Painted Coilovers) with Old Man Emu Leafs (No add-a-leaf here)
    Not worth the trouble fixing it, plus a salvage title isn't anything you want to deal with

Products Discussed in

To Top