1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jacked up the Truck at the wrong spot.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fenderpicks, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Jul 15, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    ssanders2211

ssanders2211 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB 4x4
    behind the rear seat hi-lift mount bracket, easy-out crossbed toolbox brackets, sliders, ATO plate rear bumper, hood/bed lighting, always-on 12v outlets, dashcam, Viper 5806V w/ GPS
    I tried that with an 8 amp 1/2" Milwaukee drill and stuck a socket over the oem crank bar/hook thingy. It bent the bar a little and twisted the socket off when I tried to use it to spin the jack up with the weight of the truck on top of it.

It worked a bit better on the way down, but if you don't keep the hook perfectly level it can get out of control and that drill has so much torque that I can't hang on to it when it binds up (I've used it to stir a 5 gal bucket of river rock, didn't even slow it down). Which happened immediately after the jack wasn't holding the truck up anymore and started wobbling around on the concrete.

2. Jul 15, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    nate121080

nate121080 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma DC 4X4
    There is an art to doing it that way. I thought I broke my wrist the first couple of times lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top