1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership fraud? Spark plugs, techs read please

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by notbrigum, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Jul 20, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Why don't you pull one and see if it is new or not ? Shouldn't be hard to tell a new plug from one with 30,000 miles. I can't believe the dealer would use two different plugs - Chris 4X4 is right IMHO. I would also agree that you should check everything that was supposed to be done. They don't call it a Stealership for nutt'n.

2. Oct 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    notbrigum

notbrigum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab 4x4
    TRD intake, Magnaflow exhaust, billet grille, tube steps
    What happened; The Big Two Dealership Service Director was very nice, appropriate about the whole thing. He listened, simply looked up the orig service bill, saw that 6 plugs weren't listed on parts, and apologized and asked what he/they could do to make it up to me.
    My suggestion was simply two LOF and tire rotations and call it even. He smiled and said, 'Done'.
    Works for me..

3. Oct 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    LOF?

4. Oct 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Lube, oil, filter.

5. Oct 20, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    Probably a good exchange-I would have pushed for 4 but good enough - a plug change parts/labor is probably $250 all by itself, ; there are plenty that w/o severe service (e.g. towing) would have no prob running 60k. But we all have to check the parts box for stuff that we pay to replace...
    Only thing is to keep your receipt for the service; if you get a bad cat or something down-stream that's still under warranty, make sure they don't blame it on not chg of plugs.

Products Discussed in

To Top