Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Skid plate gap mod??

Old 07-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
Z E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of light
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Skid plate gap mod??

Hello TW,

Is there a way to remove the gap created by the skid plate?

Any modification that can be done on the skid plate or frame let me know, thx!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
What gap?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z E R 0 View Post
Hello TW,

Is there a way to remove the gap created by the skid plate?

Any modification that can be done on the skid plate or frame let me know, thx!
Are you taking about the TRD skid plate? If so yes.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
Z E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of lightZ E R 0 is a glorious beacon of light
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the TRD skid plate, there's like a gap up in front.. It's not flushh to the bumper
Old 07-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a good way for pebbles and such to get in.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
You won't be able to get it flush but you can lessen the gap. I'm on my phone now but can post up some pics later.

This is how mine looks after a little tweaking.

Yes please,. Looks better than mine
Old 07-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, this is what I did. Sorry I don't have more pics but it's really not that hard.

You need to saw off the tabs on the factory skid where the aluminum spacers are. Then you need to notch the brackets on the TRD skid. Then reinstall the TRD skid without the spacers.

This is where you will see the tabs hanging down. They're not in this pic but you will see them. Cut them off.

This is where I notched out the brackets on the TRD skid.

It will be a tight fit around the tow hook, just have to bend it a little but it will go. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
Z E R 0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Ok, this is what I did. Sorry I don't have more pics but it's really not that hard.

You need to saw off the tabs on the factory skid where the aluminum spacers are. Then you need to notch the brackets on the TRD skid. Then reinstall the TRD skid without the spacers.

This is where you will see the tabs hanging down. They're not in this pic but you will see them. Cut them off.

This is where I notched out the brackets on the TRD skid.

It will be a tight fit around the tow hook, just have to bend it a little but it will go. Good luck!
Thx!!