1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help reading these plugs !!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Razorecko, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Aug 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    Smooth to the touch it might be, but was there material worn away when the ringland broke. If you caught it early which you seem to be in touch with you truck you will likely be ok with a new slug in the hole.

On the other hand it could be smooth but no longer a truly round bore. Also smooth is a perception, not a measurement, it is also ones perception which leaves it open for interpretation. Smooth to a guy with calloused hands???

I think you need to see this for yourself if you feel qualified enough to judge the cylinder bores condition. If not you are going to have to go by what they tell you.

Also you need to try and figure out why you broke a ringland. It could be a freak situation, too rich or too lean. I do not have a huge depth of knowledge on the 4.0 but I would try and find out if cylinder 6 is typically over or under fueled, it could be a inherent design of the 4.0 since you mentioned it starts there at the cylinder first typically.

Products Discussed in

To Top