Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Some dickhead broke my tail light-go OEM or aftermarket?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
schwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ian
schwarthog's Tacoma Gallery
Some dickhead broke my tail light-go OEM or aftermarket?

Toyota dealership quoted me $320 to replace it. Will this work instead?
http://www.amazon.com/TYC-11-6305-00.../dp/B0041U3LIS

Are there any good aftermarket tail lights or should I just not bother with it and go OEM/OEM clone?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
velillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to allvelillen is a name known to all
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the depo blacked out ones. Pair was like 120 bucks shipped off eBay. Might be worth a look.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
The TYC products are good quality. I replaced the headlights and passenger mirror on my wife's 4Runner and they seem close or equal to OEM quality. I got them from RockAuto, though -- there is a discount code on here somewhere.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
Canufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to behold

Army: SP5 Army N Guard  Ret
Name: People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
Canufixit's Tacoma Gallery
You probably know/did this ... But anyway Check to see what years are the same for your model (i.e. fits 2006 to 2014 or whatever.) Then I'd search ebay for a gently used assembly from a seller with a 99% feedback. Otherwise Search google in the shopping page for same. I have the best luck when I find a part number to search for.

For ME If I can get a good used one -- that's fine for me. You can always buff it up.

I see it's brandy new ... too bad I feel bad for you. How did the DH do it?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
schwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to beholdschwarthog is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canufixit View Post
You probably know/did this ... But anyway Check to see what years are the same for your model (i.e. fits 2006 to 2014 or whatever.) Then I'd search ebay for a gently used assembly from a seller with a 99% feedback. Otherwise Search google in the shopping page for same. I have the best luck when I find a part number to search for.

For ME If I can get a good used one -- that's fine for me. You can always buff it up.

I see it's brandy new ... too bad I feel bad for you. How did the DH do it?
No idea. My dad and I were up at our cabin and took his truck, left mine in the driveway.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll just find something inexpensive but compatible.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #8
Just Lurking in the Darkness
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shadow
o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Im running these on my truck and I love them

blacked out depo ones. the link I posted is of the ones I have, they also make one with a chrome insert that looks like the blacked out oned but is a cheaper look IMO. These are the way to go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-05-12-T...952b57&vxp=mtr
THESE

these are the cheaper ones Im talking about (these look cheap IMO vs mine and the link I posted)
Are the lenses on yours clear or are they smoked?
Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #9

Is "Replacement" a good brand? Found one by them for 75 shipped. Definitely easier on the wallet, more money for mods.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #10
Canufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to behold

Army: SP5 Army N Guard  Ret
Name: People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
Canufixit's Tacoma Gallery
There are 10 kinds of people...Those who understand Binary---> . . . <---Those who don't
That must Byte if a Bit of it is confusing. `

Wait ... 10 in binary is 2 ??? Funny... Funny ...
Old 07-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #12

Maybe I will. Those depos do look sweet.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #13
Super Jesus
tacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoman00's Tacoma Gallery
check out the LED Tail lights made by Spyder. I've been running the black ones for over 3 years now with no problems. IMO the OEM LED tails are ugly. Also, the Spyder tails have many more LED bulbs in the taillight and are 10x brighter. Just a suggestion.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #14
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsez2000 View Post
Never saw that thread. Those look awesome.

Products Discussed in this Thread