1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Bumper Recommendations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hotdog, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Apr 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog [OP] My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    As some of you may have heard my complaining, I'm in need of a new bumper.

I'd like to purchase the Kennesaw bumper, but I've heard that he is just too inconsistent to be recommended.
    http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiTaco05.html

I'm not a big fan of tubular style bumper. I'd like to get a big hunk of boxy heavy duty steel that will make the next asshole that bumps into me cry.

I don't offroad and I'd like to be able to keep the stock tow hitch.

My budget is $600, but preferably under.

2. Apr 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    hopefully in the next month or so Fire931 and I will be mocking up a bolt on, if you can hold on that long??? His work looks great on the one he made for his high clearance bedsides. Dont know what the cost on these will be.

3. Apr 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    allpro should be close to releasing their rear plate bumper me thinks.

CBI makes a decent one...

TW Member Fire931 started a company called Armor Tech Offroad and is making bumpers... they are high clearance bumpers currently, and he is going to design a rear plate bumper that doesn't require cutting bedsides.

I have no idea what any of them cost. :D

4. Apr 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I doubt I will have made any decisions by then. I'd like to see some rough pictures though.

One of my buddies is encouraging me to buy a welding machine and some steel and to start practicing.

5. Apr 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Oooh an All-Pro rear bumper, now that would be nice... I'm also interested in a plate bumper to match my AP up front. A black bumper up front and a chrome one in the rear don't sit well with me...

Rob

6. Apr 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    Screw it go bumper-less

7. Apr 13, 2009 at 12:07 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Pm'ed Fire931, about what I would like, gonna have to wait and see. AP needs to get on the stick, with the number of people here looking and other places, by the time you order it will be back ordered.
    I don't think we will see anything from them until the end of the year, but hopefully I am wrong.

8. Apr 13, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    USAA decided to give me $979 for the bumper and all required hardware :eek: :D :cool:

I might just buy a welding machine and some steel tomorrow! :goingcrazy:

9. Apr 15, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy Active Member

Member:
    North Cascades, Washington State
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4 2.7
    2008 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4 2.7L 5sp manual, A.R.E. MX Series Canopy, Shrockworks Front Winch Bumper with Center Hoop and Headlight Gaurds, C.B.I. Offroad Fabrication Custom Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 7089 Rims, Pro Comp All Terrain Tires 265/75/16, Sway A Way 2.5" Coil Over Front Kit, Sway A Way 2.0" Rear Shock Kit, Camburg 1 1/4" Uni Ball Upper A-Arms, Differential Drop Kit, Wheeler's 1.5" Add A Leaf Kit, K&N Aircharger 63 Series Cold Air Intake, PIAA 510 Series Ion Crystal Yellow Fog Lights, PIAA 520 ATP All Terrain Pattern Driving Lights, Toyota Tacoma Bed Mat, Toyota Tacoma Cargo Cross Bars, Cargo Basket, Husky Custom Molded Floor Liners, Cover King Custom Ultratough Ballistic Seat Covers. Hi-Lift All-Cast Jack, Quick Fist Tool Mounts

Products Discussed in

To Top