Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

(FEELER) What are the tackiest Tacoma mods in your opinion?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #801
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealkas View Post
When I was stationed at Lejeune about a million yrs ago there was an old guy ran the bracket drags in like a 66 Impala. Bone stock.
But he was consistent. Won the season a few times.
End of the night, he'd be up against some thundering heaving flamethrower, revvin' and lighting the tires before the race.
He'd be sitting in the Chevy like he's at a traffic light.
His green, he'd pull away like he's heading to the store for bread, milk, and smokes, one elbow hanging out the window.

The other guy would finally get his green, launch like a Saturn V.
About the time he'd be crossing the line, you'd see Homer's brake lights flash on as he'd notch another perfect 17.5 second run crossing the line at a blistering 78.385 mph.
Some guys said he raced just to aggravate the hot rodders.

Man, you'd see guys just blow runs against him when they'd ran great against 'equal' competition.
It's amazing how much being a good driver really helps even when your car is stock. I remember watching some drag racing and the guy that won was just a better driver and shifter even though his car wasn't the fastest or most souped up.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #802
nealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shednealkas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Motor T, other duties as required. ;-)
Name: nealkas
nealkas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGMann View Post
It's amazing how much being a good driver really helps even when your car is stock. I remember watching some drag racing and the guy that won was just a better driver and shifter even though his car wasn't the fastest or most souped up.
What I liked about the brackets was you couldn't just 'outbuy' the field. You had to know the sport and your gear.
A good po'boy could still have fun.

Now, my 12-y/o great nephew is trying to do gokarts.
Him and his dad up against what looks like fullblown Nascar crews.
A kid's 'team' pulls in with 3 trailers of gear.
I know, all's fair. Still, not a lot of fun for po-folk sometimes.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #804
Wicked Clown Juggalo
cd god is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyrone Jenkins
cd god's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3 View Post
90+ percent of body kits / graphics look terrible

Old 08-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #805
DCSBMGMORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
I don't have money either but I can't agree on the 32" tire really? I love my 35"s with 3"+ inches of lift

And I love my 33's and full 3" OME kit

Old 08-17-2014, 02:53 AM   #807
TXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TXTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
At 3" of lift you have to run at least a 33" tire to me must well make use of the lift and add taller tires to gain ground clearance

I had 31"x12.50 swampers before and boy did the rear pumpkin hang low now it's much better with the 35"s
33 inch tires on a 1/4 ton truck.... meh. That's way too big for a midsize, just sayin
Old 08-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #808
rademan11 is on a distinguished road
rademan11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beads View Post
I'm sure I'm gonna catch flack for this, but I really think camper shells ruin the look of the Tacoma.

I think a shell is the only thing that keeps out DCSB trucks from looking stupid.
The bed is way to short.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:14 AM   #809
FixedGearMike is on a distinguished road
FixedGearMike's Tacoma Gallery
13.1 stickers are super lame. I finished half of college but I don't have a sticker for it.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #810
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedGearMike View Post
13.1 stickers are super lame. I finished half of college but I don't have a sticker for it.
That's like saying I half accomplished something. I've done it too. Respect to marathoners.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #811
Oregon State Edition
JRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRGMann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
That's like saying I half accomplished something. I've done it too. Respect to marathoners.
How do you know if someone ran a marathon?
Don't worry... They'll tell you.

Props to them though
Old 08-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #812
Curmudgeonly
MeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shedMeefZah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MeefZah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's the Indian, not the arrow.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #813
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I never understood that about the street racers... Why buy a Honda and trick it out for thousands when you could buy a camaro or something that comes stock just as fast as your ricer?
My rant is done now...
Because it's fun blowing the doors off someone who thinks because they have said Camaro they have the fastest car in the world.

It's a moot point in the last say 5 years since the OEMs are making cars that are so stupid fast off the factory showroom floor. However, back in the late 90's/early 2000's when a Mustang was a mid-14 second car in the quarter throwing a Prelude motor into a stripped out hatch would get you into same ballpark. I know of a few otherwise stock appearing 90-93 Accords that were into the low 14s with just a motor swap and some good driving.

It's also a built, not bought mentality. Look at the people who bash the Baja's or the new TRD Pro going on and on about how you could buy an SR5 and end up with a better truck. Sometimes it's just fun to buy something that isn't a powerhouse in stock form and make it something crazy.

My old 1990 Accord was one of the slowest things around in a straight line but with an adjustable suspension, chassis stiffening bars and wide sticky tires it was an absolute blast in the corners and could hang with cars making a lot more power. Sometimes it's just more fun driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I've got something like an estimated 360-380 crank HP in my STi and it's almost too fast to enjoy around town.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #814
TXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTXTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TXTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you know if someone ran a marathon?
Don't worry... They'll tell you.

Props to them though
X2. I've got a buddy who recently started running marathons, and he is relentless about telling people about it. It's good they found something they are passionate about, but sometimes I just want to them. I think they are borderline narcissists.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #815
The Texas Ayatollah
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTaco13 View Post
X2. I've got a buddy who recently started running marathons, and he is relentless about telling people about it. It's good they found something they are passionate about, but sometimes I just want to them. I think they are borderline narcissists.
Just like first class douchebags who try to find a way to fit a mountain bike and a jet ski in every activity.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #816
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 08-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #817
Oregon State Edition

JRGMann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashcomerTexas View Post
Just like first class douchebags who try to find a way to fit a mountain bike and a jet ski in every activity.
That reminds me of this one time I ran a marathon after downhill biking Mt. Everest only to jet ski in Hawaii. Oh I also ran a marathon there too...

No I'm kidding.. but seriously though, if you ran one... good for you. But you can stop bringing it up now... didn't family guy do a bit about marathon runners? If not, there's always this...
http://youtu.be/_Bh2hv1NGJo
Old 08-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #818
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
Easy rider's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's running more than 2 LED bars and Tacoma's trying to look like raptors.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #819
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMcFly View Post
Because it's fun blowing the doors off someone who thinks because they have said Camaro they have the fastest car in the world.

It's a moot point in the last say 5 years since the OEMs are making cars that are so stupid fast off the factory showroom floor. However, back in the late 90's/early 2000's when a Mustang was a mid-14 second car in the quarter throwing a Prelude motor into a stripped out hatch would get you into same ballpark. I know of a few otherwise stock appearing 90-93 Accords that were into the low 14s with just a motor swap and some good driving.

It's also a built, not bought mentality. Look at the people who bash the Baja's or the new TRD Pro going on and on about how you could buy an SR5 and end up with a better truck. Sometimes it's just fun to buy something that isn't a powerhouse in stock form and make it something crazy.

My old 1990 Accord was one of the slowest things around in a straight line but with an adjustable suspension, chassis stiffening bars and wide sticky tires it was an absolute blast in the corners and could hang with cars making a lot more power. Sometimes it's just more fun driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I've got something like an estimated 360-380 crank HP in my STi and it's almost too fast to enjoy around town.
Yup accords are very underestimated that's why I took my 1990 accord up a notch and boy it was fun!

Not your average moms car
Old 08-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #820
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMcFly View Post
For me, buying a Baja was purely financial decision. SR5 vs TRD, was no brainer - i like creature comforts. I am done buying cars every 3 years. I plan on keeping the truck for a very long time. Buying a Baja gives me more capable truck from the get go. 100% OEM warranty was a big factor. Yes, it is more expensive, but its all a part of a 6 year loan at a little over 2%. And still, compared to my previous cars, my loan payment is rather small. This saves me from having to drop $2,000+ on suspension/wheels after buying a truck and having to put it on a credit card with a much hire rate. Once the OEM warranty is over, I will go crazy, but for now I enjoy a peace of mind.