Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Diesel Hybrid

View Poll Results: How interested are you in a Diesel Hybrid Toyota Truck?
Very Interested 4 26.67%
Interested 2 13.33%
Probably not 3 20.00%
Not at all interested 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
liveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shed

liveload's Tacoma Gallery
Diesel Hybrid

My understanding is that this type of setup would be ideal for a truck going forward with the new regulations on the horizon.

There would be high development costs, but imo they would pay off if the new drivetrain provides good performance and fuel economy.

There will be alots of things to think about for such a setup versus gas hybrids. One thought that occurred to me is instead of shutting off the internal combustion engine like gas hybrids do; maybe it would be more efficient for a diesel to instead drop into a clean idle mode, where it continues to generate power.

What is your interest level in such a vehicle?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
none.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
liveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They already exist
I meant to post a poll with this thread indicating a diesel hybrid toyota truck specifically. To my knowledge, there isn't one yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveload View Post
What is your interest level in such a vehicle?
This again?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
schwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to allschwarthog is a name known to all

Name: Ian
schwarthog's Tacoma Gallery
Round 6 of the tacoma diesel hybrid discussion here we go
Old 07-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Diesel Hybrid

Quote:
I meant to post a poll with this thread indicating a diesel hybrid toyota truck specifically. To my knowledge, there isn't one yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Diesel hybrid technology already exists is what I meant , not specifically in the Tacoma , and you have zero luck having any actual discussion on this topic here
Old 07-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
I'll skip to the meaningful and unavoidable part of this discussion: derp, derp, derp...
Old 07-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
Find me a Tacoma with a 4bt Cummins and I will be game.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #10

Sorry, I suck at keyword searches.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, I suck at keyword searches.

Don't worry about it , the knuckledraggers can't grasp this discussion anyway , it frightens them like fire and loud noises
Old 07-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #12
charles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud ofcharles08tacoma has much to be proud of

charles08tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Even if it were offered, I wouldn't be interested. Toyota would probably make a CVT transmission the only power train option.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
King.Taco?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't worry about it , the knuckledraggers can't grasp this discussion anyway , it frightens them like fire and loud noises
If I were Canadian I would apologize
Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
If I were Canadian I would apologize

10 out of 10 for originality
Old 07-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #16

Quote:
That's funny right there. I think I'll add that to my signature