Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Went with G-Ridge SS brake lines and Amsoil brake fluid

Old 04-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Went with G-Ridge SS brake lines and Amsoil brake fluid

I had Hawk Performance Ceramic pads on already which helps cut down on brake dust.
So I figureed a set of stainless steel brake lines and some Amsoil High Performance dot 3 fluid would firm up the brake pedal.
The SS lines did firm up the pedal a bit but I feel making the change isn't worth the cost.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
XC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting this Joe. I was debating on trying the SS lines.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
Wess is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Wess's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

I've been researching SS lines and found this post useful. I appreciate the advice!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Jus for everyone out there, SS lines do NOT increase braking power or reduce stopping distance. They only improve pedal feel. I put them on my truck because I tow a lot and wanted better brake feel.

Also, unless you are especially hard on your brakes. "high performance" brake fluid isn't going to gain you anything. It has a higher boiling point, so it resists fade better but at the cost of longevity ( it needs to be replaced more often)