1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ergonomics of the driver seat in the 2014 Sport...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Outsider, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Jul 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    Outsider

Outsider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCSB Tacoma Off-road Cement AT
    I wanted an MT.
    I have a 2014 Double Cab Sport model...have had it since april, and even though I like the feel of the seats on my rear/legs/back, i feel like the ergonomics are off a little bit...I have adjusted the seat every way possible and i feel like i have to tilt my head back at an akward angle to properly see my surrondings/dials/dash/etc. Anyone else experience this or am I just a weirdo...

2. Jul 30, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    Wiggins

Wiggins Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Sport Hood, ICON 3" Lift - 700lb coils, Total Chaos UCAs 5% Tinted Windows Crystal Front Window Film 2.5 resi shocks front and rear, dakar leaf packs Wheelers Bump Stops All-Pro Offroad APEX Front Plate Bumper, PIAA Fog Lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad Skid Plates, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Rear Plate Bumper, Side Armor for Plate, Hidden Receiver Hitch, Black All-Pro Offroad APEX Sliders,Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Pack Rack, Black Line-X, 16" height ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth Hankook Dynapro ATM 285/75/16 Vision Manx 16"x8" rims, 4.5" Backspacing Warn M8000-s Winch, Factor55 Flatlink, Factor55 1" Hawse Fairlead RIGID Industries Ditch Lights Tractor Supply Bed Box 260amp H.O. Alternator Big 3 Cable Replacement NorthStar AGM34 battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage Plefreybilt Fuse Plate BlueSea fuse block Kenwood TS-B2000 Short Wave Radio, Remote face, Pack Rack Mounted Antenna Uniden Bearcat CB Cab Mount Chop (BAMF Inserts) TODO: ARB Air System ARB Rear Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears ARB Front Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears HID Retrofit Headlights Rigid Industries RDS-Series 54" Midnight Edition LED Rigid Industries R2-46 Combo Round Light (x2)
    There are guys who complain about this. You can find them with the search box. Why did you buy the truck if just sitting in the damn thing is such a literal pain in your ass?

3. Jul 30, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    ^Ergnomics of competing trucks can be worse.

Recline the seatback a bit more? :notsure:

From another thread:

4. Jul 31, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    Outsider

Outsider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCSB Tacoma Off-road Cement AT
    I wanted an MT.
    I never said that the seat hurt my back, rear, or legs...I bought the truck becasue toyota makes a superior midsized truck than any other truck maker on the market....There is no way that you could get a real feel from the ergonomics of the truck from a 16 mile round trip test drive....Glad to see I am not the only one having this issue...my old SR5 gave me no trouble with ergonomics.
    I have been using this forum since 2010....do you really think it necessary to educate me on the search bar function?

Products Discussed in

To Top