1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake Bleed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Trekvw, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Aug 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    Trekvw

Trekvw [OP] Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner 3" lift
    Rancho front lift coilover 2.75" 1.5" toytec rear blocks Rancho rs9000xl rear shocks. PIAA lights Grillcraft grill. Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Black wheels. Toyo open country 265/75-16 tires.
    Just bleed my brakes on my 2010 pre-runner 3" lift, 37000 miles. Thought I better do it after 4yrs. I bought a Motive 101 Brake System Power Bleeder from Amazon; $61.95 and Dot 4 fluid. It took about 3hrs. The system is easy enough. I had a little trouble with leakage at the reservoir hook up. It has a chain that wraps around the master cylinder with a rubber cup that seals the top. I pumped it up to about 10psi and it leaked, so I dropped it down to 5psi and it stopped. It says to use two quarts, but I only had one. I was able to get about a pint or so through the system and everything looked clear and no bubbles. I did siphon out about half a cup before I started. The old brake fluid looked fairly clean anyway, but I know it's more about the moisture that the fluid retains. Brakes are solid and nice clean brake brake fluid in the reservoir. Well if you want anymore info let me know. I have also done all the 30,000 mile service myself except the transmission. That is on my to do list.

2. Aug 2, 2014 at 5:03 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    Good job

Products Discussed in

To Top