Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Power inverter outlet in cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Power inverter outlet in cab

So I'm looking at tapping into the factory inverter for power outlets in the cab but the wiring is not the issue. The issue is where do I get the square 110v receptacle I always see in pictures?

Any suggestions
Old 08-04-2014, 05:08 AM   #2
scoprire is on a distinguished road
scoprire's Tacoma Gallery
I've got separate usb and power outlets in the back of the console. I got both outlets from Amazon. I think if I were going to redo it, I'd just go w/ this single 110v type outlet and simplify the wiring.

leviton AC/USB outlet
Old 08-04-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoprire View Post
I've got separate usb and power outlets in the back of the console. I got both outlets from Amazon. I think if I were going to redo it, I'd just go w/ this single 110v type outlet and simplify the wiring.

leviton AC/USB outlet
I was looking at thos too. I was trying to find the single square plug that would just pop in to place. I see them in all the pictures but can't find one on the Web.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
These?

http://www.amazon.com/Pins-Power-Soc...154675&sr=1-10
Old 08-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #5

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Lol yes I spent probably an hour last night searching amazon and could never find those. Thanks
Old 08-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #6
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Right on.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #7
scoprire is on a distinguished road
scoprire's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I remember having a hard time finding them. This is thru a marketplace vendor, so shipping speed isn't as quick. This is the one I am using right now; one of the few I didn't have to order 10 of to get.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 AM   #8

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I found that one the other day. I was typing everything but 3pin outlet once I put that in I finally got some results
Old 08-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #9
tomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud oftomwil has much to be proud of

tomwil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is the one I am using right now; one of the few I didn't have to order 10 of to get.
Getting 10 pieces for $5 total seems a much better deal than getting just one at $4. Am I missing something?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #10

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Don't need 10 and shipping speed. Bunch of the reviews said theb10 pack comes from china
Old 08-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #11
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to install an additional cab outlet too, but I don't like the way any of them look.

The only 2 that I've found so far are from '15 F150 or from a Honda Ridgeline. I would like to have a 3-prong one and not sure if Ridgeline ones are. F150 one looks the best so far.
Don't know the price or availability of these.

F150

Ridgeline

Toyota Matrix ones look pretty nice too, but I think they are only 2 prong.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #12

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruchai View Post
I would like to install an additional cab outlet too, but I don't like the way any of them look.

The only 2 that I've found so far are from '15 F150 or from a Honda Ridgeline. I would like to have a 3-prong one and not sure if Ridgeline ones are. F150 one looks the best so far.
Don't know the price or availability of these.

F150

Ridgeline

Toyota Matrix ones look pretty nice too, but I think they are only 2 prong.
i never even thought about it. I work at a ford dealer next time I get a F150 in with the plug im billing out an extra one
Old 08-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #13
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
i never even thought about it. I work at a ford dealer next time I get a F150 in with the plug im billing out an extra one
If you happen to figure out what the part number for the outlet is, please let me know. im really interested in one of those.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

leviton AC/USB outlet
Off the subject a little bit but I have never even thought about doing that. Thanks for the link! I think I'm going to get one and put behind our nightstand and maybe one in the kitchen to charge the phone / kindle.

Thanks again for the thought!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #15

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Here Ya go. The ground plug is not used with this

Old 08-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #16

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here Ya go. The ground plug is not used with this
Wow! That was fast. Thanks!

I don't really care that its not used. As long as I don't have to break the 3rd prong off of my MacBook Pro charger
Old 08-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #17

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruchai View Post
Wow! That was fast. Thanks!

I don't really care that its not used. As long as I don't have to break the 3rd prong off of my MacBook Pro charger
I service the used cars at my dealership and we took in a 2011 f150 and the cover was broke off the plug so I have to replace it. But keep in mind that probably an $80 part
Old 08-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #18
UltraE05 is on a distinguished road
UltraE05's Tacoma Gallery
Its a ten dollar part
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...381918&alt=web
Old 08-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #19

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraE05 View Post
I was referring to dealer price
Old 08-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #20

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was referring to dealer price

$9.99 + Free Shipping on Amazon
$6.58 + Shipping on some other site

Products Discussed in this Thread