Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Mat vs Herculiner on a '07 composite bed

Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #21
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
^^ Very true. But I think their right on that one. Theres no way it would stick
Not even remotely true.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #22
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
I meant a bedliner dealer that sprays the beds.
Right. There are a couple of folks running around the forums with it.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #23
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Not even remotely true.
How would it work then?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #24
roughnready62 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Platoon leader, Arctic MP
roughnready62's Tacoma Gallery
I've actually done a roll on bedliner which is along the exact same lines of line-x. from start to finish, it cost me a little over 120. It took a day to complete it, and it worked great! I bought a Herculiner (sp) and I followed the instructions, and it looked great, and I never had an issue with it. In fact, I would say that it worked better than a line-x because if you DIY you can apply more than one or two coats, which provides better protection to the bed IMO.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughnready62 View Post
I've actually done a roll on bedliner which is along the exact same lines of line-x. from start to finish, it cost me a little over 120. It took a day to complete it, and it worked great! I bought a Herculiner (sp) and I followed the instructions, and it looked great, and I never had an issue with it. In fact, I would say that it worked better than a line-x because if you DIY you can apply more than one or two coats, which provides better protection to the bed IMO.
You don't have a composite bed though.....
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #26
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Dealer told me bedliner won't hold on the composite bed.....

Here is a thread over at TN that has Line-X
I really like it and will probably go that route cause I hate how everything is always sliding around in the plastic beds.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ghlight=line-x
Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #27
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Here is a thread over at TN that has Line-X
I really like it and will probably go that route cause I hate how everything is always sliding around in the plastic beds.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ghlight=line-x
Damn that DOES look good. I guess I need to call more places then.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
roughnready62 is on a distinguished road
Army: Military Police Platoon leader, Arctic MP
roughnready62's Tacoma Gallery
trust me man, that compound will literally stick to about anything...it is the biggest pain in the ass if you get it on your skin. If you DIY, make sure you do a good job of taping off the areas you want left alone, and wear long sleeves and gloves, if you get it on yourself, that stuff won't come off lol.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #29
ritrebor is on a distinguished road
ritrebor's Tacoma Gallery
Just put in a bed mat today. Now my stuff doesn't slide around at all. Cheap and easy to put in.

ritrebor
Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #30
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at getting the bed mat myself. I'm going to be sleeping in the truck bed when camping, and the mat will be alot smoother to sleep on.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #31
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mat all the way......

I've done Herculiner on my 96 & on a couple jeep floors. One of the main reasons I've done it - was to protect the metal and prevent rusting since the paint always comes off when you haul stuff.

The composite beds don't rust and there's really no reason (atleast in my oppinion) to spend that much money on a spray-on or roll-on bedliner. A bed mat (a good thick one) protects the bed from scratches and can be removed so you can keep everything clean.

For you first gen guys - Herculiner is a cheap alternative to the professionally sprayed ($$) liners.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:13 AM   #32
09 tacoma trd is on a distinguished road

09 tacoma trd's Tacoma Gallery
i have a bed mat from toyota. it looks good and nothing slides around.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #33
sapper987 will become famous soon enough

Army: Vet
sapper987's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mat FTW! Best money I spent on the truck. I also like that I can roll it to one side when I need to slide something heavy in.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #34
MAPLENUTS is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVEN
MAPLENUTS's Tacoma Gallery
The Herculiner WILL stick to the composite if properly prepared.
I consulted with the manufacturer. It even sticks to boat gel coat to make a surface non skid and comes in different colors.

The reason I am looking to do it, is because my composite bed is very scratched up from the previously owner hauling stuff, and using it as a pickup truck!!! How dare he use it for that. Shame on him. haha

I will use it to haul sometimes, but not as a down and dirty work truck, but I would like it to look nice and new looking, at least new to me.

Other than the bed the truck is absolutely immaculate.

That is why I did spend the $59 after rebate to coat it.