Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Mat vs Herculiner on a '07 composite bed

Old 04-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
bcliff is on a distinguished road
bcliff's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Mat vs Herculiner on a '07 composite bed

I want a surface on my bed so my stuff doesn't slide around. Do you prefer a bed mat or herculiner? If herculiner (or some other DIY paint on), can that be applied directly to the composite bed? I don't like the look of having a mat back there but like the ability to remove the mat when hauling mulch/stone/etc and need to shovel the stuff out.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i have the OEM bedmat and its great, things dont slide around at all and it comes out in 2 seconds.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think its very easy to herculiner the bed. To me I think its just a waste of time and money to liner the composite bed...... I mean its already tough enough
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
anybody try a bed rug? Just curious, Saw it in the accessory booklet.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
anybody try a bed rug? Just curious, Saw it in the accessory booklet.
Whats the difference?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bed mat for sure. Inexpensive and works very well. I bought one for $40 at northern tool and cut it to size. I'm cheap though- an OEM one is around a hundred I think. I bet I could set a glass of water on that thing, drive around town normally and it wouldn't spill.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^It's a carpet, like what you'd see on a boat.
Oh ok. like it snaps down? I've never seen something like that
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
NikonRon will become famous soon enoughNikonRon will become famous soon enough
NikonRon's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Bedrug. I like it! It just velcro's down. Looks good.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonRon View Post
I have a Bedrug. I like it! It just velcro's down. Looks good.
Who is it made by?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
NikonRon will become famous soon enoughNikonRon will become famous soon enough
NikonRon's Tacoma Gallery
Bedrug is the brand. Made by Wise Industries.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok Thanks I'll check it out
Old 04-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
bcliff is on a distinguished road
bcliff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I dont think its very easy to herculiner the bed. To me I think its just a waste of time and money to liner the composite bed...... I mean its already tough enough
i'm not looking to make it tougher...I don't want my stuff sliding around. Herculiner is rubber-like and stuff does not slide on it.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcliff View Post
i'm not looking to make it tougher...I don't want my stuff sliding around. Herculiner is rubber-like and stuff does not slide on it.
Yeah I know that. Bed mat...... $.02
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
If money is not an issue, I like LineX. I think it's about $400 for a truck bed. Get it installed by a dealer - looks cleaner. I would probably not get the top rails done...stop just below the corner. It's tough and eliminates sliding.

I have yet to haul dirt/rocks/mulch in my 2009 but I worry about scraping the plastic with my fork or rake. I had a cheap bedliner in my 2004. If I stabbed the pitch fork in at too sharp an angle, I would stab right through the liner.
I vowed to LineX my next truck but didn't plan on a composite bed.

I've considered getting it but...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Very true. But I think their right on that one. Theres no way it would stick