Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Popping Noise in Steering wheel

Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Popping Noise in Steering wheel

Hello all, I need some help with a noise I am hearing. When I am driving straight I can't hear anything, but when I turn my steering wheel to make a cut or turn onto a road.... I can' hera anything, but when I release the wheel to come back straight... I can hear a popping noise... it sounds almost like a plastic popping noise. Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
calicoupe will become famous soon enough
calicoupe's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem as described. bump
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

hey

when did you start noticing yours?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Is it when your blinker turns off after you turn?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #5

hey

No, it is when i make any type of left cut with my wheel... it is like a grinding noise more than a popping
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Where does it sound like its coming from? Is it a loud popping, or is there a creak/squeal and then the pop? If you're lifted and it sounds like a 'creak'/'squeal' and then a 'pop' it may be your sway bar binding.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm and It feels like its coming from the steering? like the wheels and tires?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Where does it sound like its coming from? Is it a loud popping, or is there a creak/squeal and then the pop? If you're lifted and it sounds like a 'creak'/'squeal' and then a 'pop' it may be your sway bar binding.
X2 Thats what It sounds like now that you mention it, Eric
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #9

I don't have a lift in my truck... I have a 2008 toyota tacoma double cab.... it sounds like a grinding noise when i turn my wheel to the left and i realease it then makes the grinding noise.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If its at factory height, and under warranty then take it to your dealer and take one of the guys for a test drive. They'll be able to figure it out and fix whatever's causing it. I wouldnt mess with it if its stock and under warranty- thats what it's for.