1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Burning oil! 02 sensors! running rich AAHH!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by davies604, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Aug 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    davies604

davies604 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    vancouver
    Vehicle:
    Black On Black TRD OFF-ROAD
    285/75/16 Dura Tracs 3" OME full suspention lift Dakars in rear light Racing control arms 1" 1/4 Spider wheel spacers Blacked powder coat stock wheels Magna flow pro of road cat back K&N cold air
    It all started when i reinstalled my short tube doug thorley headers after taking the long tubes out because they are to loud for a new born baby...
    first thing that happend was i got 5! fricking p0 codes im sorry i forget what ones i looked them up and they where all related to 02 sensors! i cleared them and they came back within 25 km... so i though to myself hey why dont i just plug in my 02 simulator and see what happends ... i plugged in the 02 simulator cleared the codes and what do you know everythings back to normal yaaay! ........ well here we are 3 months later and im running rich and burning like a qourt or oil ever couple weeks WHAT THE HELL this truck has never ever burnt oil so now i know there is something terribly wrong. i took my 02 simulator off today im waiting for the codes to come back i have already cleaned my maf sensor i will clean throttle body today.... is there a way too clean my 02 sensors? anyone got any other ideas of wtf is going on !!!!

upgrade include - k&n cold air - Doug thorley shorties with hi flow cats - urd y pipe and magnaflow cat back - and maf calibrator

2. Aug 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    One thing sticks out to me for the " Burning Rich " problem.

k&n cold air - and maf calibrator. Either or both of these are nothing but problems waiting to happen just as you are having, IMO.

As for the burning oil. None of the things you mentioned will cause an engine to burn oil in itself. That being said Burning an overly rich mixture over a period of time will wash the lubrication from the cylinder walls and increase piston ring wear / scoring and oil burning in a short order. That is where I think your problem lies. How long has it been running a rich fuel mixture.

Get a good shop to run a compression and leak down test on all cylinders.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. Aug 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM
    davies604

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    vancouver
    Vehicle:
    285/75/16 Dura Tracs 3" OME full suspention lift Dakars in rear light Racing control arms 1" 1/4 Spider wheel spacers Blacked powder coat stock wheels Magna flow pro of road cat back K&N cold air
    Its hard to say the only reason i believe to be rich is thay my.muffler dumps before rear axle and i have soot on my axle but if it has been rich its been about 3 months i know of trucks going in tuesday i usually fix stuff myself but.this is over my head haha

4. Aug 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    davies604

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    vancouver
    Vehicle:
    Maf calibrator is from urd and was mapped for all my upgrades by gadjet

Products Discussed in

To Top