Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Takes a tacoma to pull a tacoma (and boat)

Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Takes a tacoma to pull a tacoma (and boat)

i was in the florida keys this past weekend and pulled my boat out of this steep boat ramp and another guy with a tacoma asked me if i needed 4WD to pull my boat out. I told him i did just to make sure because the ramp was short and i didn't want my boat to possibly slip back any further.

he didnt have 4wd though, had fancy shiny rims instead, needless to say i had to pull him, his boat and trailer out.

all done in 2wd (low gear)!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
it was his companies logo i think. he really F'd up that taco. i was ashamed to be at the same boat ramp as him
Old 04-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
ide say.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
what is all that awful red shit on his truck?

Haha i know thats nasty shit
Old 04-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
The red stickers makes his truck look like sheetrock because that looks like the same branding you see on stacks of Sheetrock at home depot.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
TheBlackPearl is on a distinguished road

TheBlackPearl's Tacoma Gallery
Wait... So he came to ask you if you needed a 4x4 to pull out the boat but he didn't have a 4x4 himself?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPearl View Post
Wait... So he came to ask you if you needed a 4x4 to pull out the boat but he didn't have a 4x4 himself?
thats what is says in his first post
Old 04-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I don't get why he needed 4x to get it out. I've never used 4wd to pull ANYTHING unless it was snowing. I'd be ashamed. Did he actually try pulling it, or was he just too scared to burn his clutch? LoL!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
k so wait.... u used 4wd to tow ur boat out.... but u used 2wd to tow his truck and his boat out?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
what is all that awful red shit on his truck?
i think it actually says mjp2...
Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
k so wait.... u used 4wd to tow ur boat out.... but u used 2wd to tow his truck and his boat out?
Sounds like it. His truck was on flat ground, and the line of pull (of the tow rope) was below his tow point - so the extra weight would increase traction.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
x2 and looks dry.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #16
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
i used 4wd mainly because the ramp was extremely short and my backtires of the trailer were already off the ramp, i didnt wanna chance any slipping. I'm sure i could have pulled out in 2wd like i normally do.

i only needed 2wd to pull him out since i was on flat ground.

And yes he asked me if i needed 4wd and he didn't have 4wd. he was worried from the start about the steepness of the ramp and i offered from teh beginning just to pull his boat out. he had like racing flats on his truck...i think that was the main reason he had such a hard time.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
i think it actually says mjp2...

ouch, BURN!