Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

leftover 07... how long can they keep it for?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
leftover 07... how long can they keep it for?

they still have tacoma leftover of 2007's

how long they can hold it for before give in the price even more??

they dont have to pay to have the truck sit on the lot?!

I offer them a low-ball number... they dont want to do it...
i said ok... I guess I'll buy a house then!! HAHAHAH
Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
sataco is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry Scout then mechanic
sataco's Tacoma Gallery
try to find out when their fiscal year ends, they'll try to unload it so they don't have to pay taxes on it to sit on the lot.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sataco View Post
try to find out when their fiscal year ends, they'll try to unload it so they don't have to pay taxes on it to sit on the lot.
good call...

the problem is... how to find out when's the fiscal yr ends!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
good call...

the problem is... how to find out when's the fiscal yr ends!
Try at month end. Its when the sales guys are dying to make their quota. You can check with their accounting dept. re fiscal year. You'll have to come up with a creative question on why you need to know that. Its usually a question suppliers would ask.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
i worked at a dealership for awhile, and in san antonio texas (if your around here) the dealer would try to get rid of all their trucks and cars during the middle of the summer because they are bringing in the new editions, and i mean try as fast as possible, like bringing the price down a couple 1000s dollars, so if you are around these parts, summer i believe it the best time to buy.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofs View Post
i worked at a dealership for awhile, and in san antonio texas (if your around here) the dealer would try to get rid of all their trucks and cars during the middle of the summer because they are bringing in the new editions, and i mean try as fast as possible, like bringing the price down a couple 1000s dollars, so if you are around these parts, summer i believe it the best time to buy.
Where are you now? Are you still in the San Antonio area?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 AM   #7

I'm in south jersey...

i know they want to get rid of them in the summer... but what happens to vehicle still leftover now... its freaking october!!

dont they want to get rid of them by november or december???

08 isn't far... plus the holidays are coming... people are busy buying gifts than truck no?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 AM   #8
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
yea, i am still in san antonio
Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #10
Rich Swanner is on a distinguished road

Rich Swanner's Tacoma Gallery
They pay Toyota the longer they have the truck on the lot. The big problem is in getting the color/options you want. $3,000-$3,500 under MSRP would be about lowest, unless they are using it as a loss-leader(selling it for under cost as an ad to bring people in) One only at this price!!!!! 2008 is here now , it begins in September for the dealers. New trucks come in at best $500-$750 under MSRP. That goes until December or later if the trucks are selling. You don't see many Prerunner ads, they are trying to unload the Tundras, they are the best deal. The Tacomas have 5.9% for 60 months as their deal. I wanted Black Sand Pearl V6 SR5 Double Cab Long Bed. I got it. 08/19/2007 -Rich
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Swanner View Post
They pay Toyota the longer they have the truck on the lot. The big problem is in getting the color/options you want. $3,000-$3,500 under MSRP would be about lowest, unless they are using it as a loss-leader(selling it for under cost as an ad to bring people in) One only at this price!!!!! 2008 is here now , it begins in September for the dealers. New trucks come in at best $500-$750 under MSRP. That goes until December or later if the trucks are selling. You don't see many Prerunner ads, they are trying to unload the Tundras, they are the best deal. The Tacomas have 5.9% for 60 months as their deal. I wanted Black Sand Pearl V6 SR5 Double Cab Long Bed. I got it. 08/19/2007 -Rich
they gave me $27500 for an 08

but I rather get an 07 since they are cheaper. the dealers down here in south jersey has like 2. 4 Dr with 4x4 off-ed left... one is all beat up thou!
the cheapest price I got is $25936. I wanted $25500, they didn't want to do it... so i said oh well... I still got my money

If they truck still sits in november or december.. i bet they want to get it moved by then!! Otherwise they have to pay for it themselves for holdback and all.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Some stay longer than others I guess. I bought a leftover 2006 in March 2007. It was a 4WD DC w/ Tow & SR5 pkg#2, bed mat, sixty miles on the OD, 2.9% @ 60 months, & 100K platinum warranty in Impulse Red. Paid $24500 plus ttl with no trade in. (I sold my other truck outright). I really wanted to get them down to 24k but really didn't want walk away over $500 bucks and have somebody else scarf it up because there were only two 4WD DCs left in the state & that was one of them. All the 07s on the lot had the TRD OF or Sport pkgs which I think attracts a lot of buyers over this 06.

At the begining of Oct, I had the Spring TSB done, now have the blistein shocks, upgraded springs & put a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. The service dept is great and also with the purchase gave a coupon book for 5 free oil changes, 5 free annual state inspections, & other % off stuff. Totally happy with this truck.

Happy Shopping!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Some stay longer than others I guess. I bought a leftover 2006 in March 2007. It was a 4WD DC w/ Tow & SR5 pkg#2, bed mat, sixty miles on the OD, 2.9% @ 60 months, & 100K platinum warranty in Impulse Red. Paid $24500 plus ttl with no trade in. (I sold my other truck outright). I really wanted to get them down to 24k but really didn't want walk away over $500 bucks and have somebody else scarf it up because there were only two 4WD DCs left in the state & that was one of them. All the 07s on the lot had the TRD OF or Sport pkgs which I think attracts a lot of buyers over this 06.

At the begining of Oct, I had the Spring TSB done, now have the blistein shocks, upgraded springs & put a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. The service dept is great and also with the purchase gave a coupon book for 5 free oil changes, 5 free annual state inspections, & other % off stuff. Totally happy with this truck.

Happy Shopping!
wow.. they waited that long uh???
they have to pay to hold the truck... i guess their lost.
I was going to buy this TRD off rd... DC for $24500.... but it was kind of beat up! I offered another truck also 2007 them $25500 but they didn't want to do it... so I said OK!
I think you would have gotten it cheaper... it sucks for them to hold it that long
Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 PM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
TRD off rd... DC for $24500.... but it was kind of beat up!
That is a pretty good price imo for the TRD Off Road DC 4WD. I mean the sticker on that is close to 30k correct?? Can you explain beat up?

I don't think the Toyota dealers (at least in VT) are hurtin for money. Stuff just doesn't stay on the lot very long usually. I think the release of the new Tundra held some tacoma units on lots in my region. And yeah, you're probably right, I could have probably squeezed them for a few more bucks, but they were having a big flyer liquidation, and I could just see some num nut taking the sales mgr. first number thinking they got a hell of a deal. People do it all the time and I didn't want an 2007 so....my pickins were slim.

Sounds like you have a solid plan , stick to your guns, and know what you want. I like hearing those kind of stories. Post em when you got em!!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #15
Critter is on a distinguished road

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Toy don't have to deal much Tacoma is #1 midsize going and they know it. Ask me it took me many years to deal on Tacoma,they always Pe'od me and I bought 3 Nissans over the years instead, good trucks too! Be patient,but you will pay more,just will!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Toy don't have to deal much Tacoma is #1 midsize going and they know it. Ask me it took me many years to deal on Tacoma,they always Pe'od me and I bought 3 Nissans over the years instead, good trucks too! Be patient,but you will pay more,just will!
man you gotta burst my bubble uh?

maybe i ought get a Subaru!! Legacy with turbo-charged! The thing is I have to put Super all the time!!