1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just finished an unusual mod to my '14 base Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Pool Runner, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Aug 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    The buttons are totally different, but it's ok because neither of them are designed well.

2. Aug 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    Pool Runner

Pool Runner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    '14,TRD/OR, Entune & Nav '13 Subaru Outback
    Lowes Slimline Tool box, OEM Bug shield.
    It's not terrible by any means, but I get what your saying. The '12+ wheel design just overall blows. It's chunky, I don't like how the plastic fangs extent all the way to the bottom of the wheel, where it should be a leather covered area.

But all and all I have operated much worse. My 2010 Tacoma wheels was just "ugly" with the huge Camry or Avalon like looking airbag in the center. But the buttons were in a better spot for the radio and BT controls. It also had zero faux, silver or plasticky accents, that almost every manufacture today is putting on their wheels.

3. Aug 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    Swampeast

Swampeast mud member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC Off-Road
    Wet Okole TRD seat covers, SnugTop Super Sport, Bilsteins 5100 front 1.75, Bilstein 5100 rear, 1/2" Toytec AAL, Swaybar relocate kit, differential drop, ND4's fog light anytime, Relentless Fabrication brackets with Rigid Industries D2 with AirOnBoard center switch 923B, rear view mirror relocate bracket, N-Fab front light bar
    Pool Runner, you are right. It is your money.

Some guys spend over $100 on a pair of jeans now days when a pair of Levis or Wranglers will do. You will see guys walking with their girlfriend or wife and have more dumbass designs on their paints than their girl. What the hell.

Beside our wives have shoes and purses that cost more than $300. Hell, our wives sell the same $300 shoes or purses in a yard sale for $25 bucks a year later because they are out of style or something.

I buy what I want and not what I need. The American way!

Your truck, your money

4. Aug 20, 2014 at 5:34 AM
    hotrod53

hotrod53 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynd
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    ‘14 DCLB Sport, ‘18 TCH, ‘13 TCH
    Weathertech floor liners moded to hold OEM floor mats, weathertech vent visors, Toyota bed mat, LEER 100XL cap, hood gasket mod to stop whistling.
    I owned both, the difference between '13 and '14 is due to the introduction of the Entune radio. It's a little different and I'm still getting used to it. IMO, the volume control button is a bit too low, its a long thumb reach. Other than that, once I get used to it, it will be no problem. The '13 steering wheel had some blanked off controls that are now used in '14.

5. Oct 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM
    DouginNC

DouginNC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2014 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Did you get an answer? I need to remove mine too, the mode / mute button is sticking.

6. Oct 8, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    Richard45

Richard45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Dbl Cabn
    Trd Exhuast method rims 265 70 17 Terra Grapller tires , and much more a work
    Yeah looks good but the rest of the silver trim has to,go as well for,it to,match to much attention is drawn to,the black,kinda looks of,the more I look,at no offence in the end if you liike that's all that matters as everyone's taste is different .

Products Discussed in

To Top