1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with Drivers Power Door Lock 2011 TRD Sport DC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nitram, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Aug 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    Nitram

Nitram [OP] Member

Member:
    NoVA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Bone Stock
    Ok, so randomly, my drivers side power door lock will no longer unlock using any of the interior buttons or key fob. It will lock just fine when using those, though. I pulled out the lock actuator and inspected the lock motor like many of threads suggest, but that all appeared just fine. It was cleaned and replaced.

Next, I pulled out the master control switch out of the drivers door and tested it with a pen style voltage tester. The master switch was sending current to the lock actuator when "lock" was pressed but not when "unlock" was.

So this made me think the master control switch was bad. I unplugged the master switch from the door and decided to test with out it connected. The drivers door still locks but will not unlock! It acts no different whether its plugged in or not.

So I don't believe it's the lock actuator or master control switch....what am I missing??:confused:

angeldavid216 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top