1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MY 2006 TACOMA FRAME RECALL REMPLACEMENT

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by yoda2006, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Aug 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    yoda2006

yoda2006 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Louisville, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2006 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Toytec 3in lift with 5100's all around, dipped wheels with 1.25 spacers, ECGS bushing, diff relocate, Weathertech mats,mag light mount , plasti dip front valance, scangauge 2, black out tail lights, BLHM, plasti dip badges, weather tech window visors, 2013 touch screen radio, led interior lights, shorty antenna
    Looking for any tips/pointers and things to look for/ask the dealer. I received a letter that toyota wanted to look at my frame. When i took it in today they said there was a hole and failed my from from passing inspection. They said they will be ordering a new frame for me. Any help would be great ( i live in Ohio )

2. Aug 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
  3. Aug 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    smithr1730

smithr1730 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '15 TX Pro
    Offroad parts and such
    x2 on that post ^^^
    Also read the recall thoroughly. Your supposed to get a rental (obviously).
    I just had mine replaced due to an accident, but it was badly rusted and most likely would've been recalled anyway. I would expect it to take a week or two. Mine took 2. Also it took my frame 2 months to come in because toyota back ordered a lot of frames for this recall. But the dealer shld have some on stock now.

Do you mind me asking what dealer and where?
    Hope this helps!

4. Aug 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    LsXrunner

LsXrunner Member

Member:
    Anyone that has had crc application done could u please post pics. Im little skeptical on having dealer perform this on my frame. Ive heard horror stories of product going everywhere and making a mess..

5. Aug 19, 2014 at 4:16 AM
    yoda2006

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Louisville, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3in lift with 5100's all around, dipped wheels with 1.25 spacers, ECGS bushing, diff relocate, Weathertech mats,mag light mount , plasti dip front valance, scangauge 2, black out tail lights, BLHM, plasti dip badges, weather tech window visors, 2013 touch screen radio, led interior lights, shorty antenna
    Thanks for the replies and yes I did read that thread. It's mostly owners complaining about how their truck is not included yet. Just wanted to know what other people did to their trucks during frame replacement, what toyota replaced other then the frame and brake lines, how long gone it took, problems with it afterwards, and so on.

6. Aug 21, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    Moab

Moab New Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2019 DC LB TRD Off-Road
    Remote Start
    I'm in the same boat. Just took my '06 in and was "granted" a new frame. I was told by the service advisor that anything connected to the frame that needed to be replaced would not be covered. That doesn't seem right. I have seen others post that brake lines, leaf springs, control arms, etc, have been replaced. I happened to also have a rusted steering column that needs to be replaced ($571), that I think should also be covered, but as of now is not. I'm looking for a few to post their experiences with the recall frame replacement. If others are getting associated parts included, that would really help our arguments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For what it is worth, I was provided with a loaner car (2014 Carolla) for "up to 60 days" assuming that the repair would only take a month. They implied that if it took longer, they would seek authorization for a loaner for the additional time.

7. Aug 22, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    yoda2006

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Louisville, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    The only thing I was told came with the frame was the frame it self, all new hardware, and brake lines. I was told anything else I would have to pay for at part cost only ( no labor cost ). The dealership is supposed to call me today or the beginning of next week to schedule appointment.

8. Aug 22, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    welterbf123

welterbf123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    12voltsolutions.com plug-n-play remote start system. OVTuned OEM Bed lights Underhood and footwell lights Garmin dash-cam Weathertech side vents, bug shield, mud flaps and floor mats Extang Encore tonnau cover OME BP51 Suspension Front & Back / Dakar Leaf Springs Light Racing UCA's XD Holeshot 17" x 9" Wheels Nitto Trail Grapplers 265/70/R17 TRD Pro Grille Raptor Lights iJDMToy 30" LED Hidden Bar Light Toyota Bed Step
    My frame on my first gen took two weeks to come in and four days to install. I was provided a Camry as a loaner and they replaced the frame, brake lines, control arms, leaf springs, coil springs and many small parts and brackets. I had to pay for new shocks, which they installed for me. That made sense since it was taken apart anyway...

9. Aug 22, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    joshua721

joshua721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 f150 xlt v6
    If the frame is rusted the control arm bolt sleeves are as well

10. Aug 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    Moab

Moab New Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2019 DC LB TRD Off-Road
    Remote Start
    This is really helpful stuff all, thanks.

11. Oct 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    Breakerboy

Breakerboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Took my 06 tacoma in for recall for airbag clock spring today.. While I was at dealer I asked for a Pa state inspection.. I was informed of bad news frame is rotted severely a big rotted crack running along frame ... I asked what are my options they informed me to call Toyota so I did was told sorry nothing we can do... I asked abou the SC- E0D campaign regarding 05 through 08 model year tacoma registered in the salt cold weather states which Pa my home state is included... Was told my vin dont match the criteria even though it was bought in Pa new and operated here its whole life.. Toyota refused to do anything about my now unsafe 7 year old truck .. I am totally discussed by it... So just a heads up .. If u live in the affected states for service campaign SC-EOD doesn't mean you will get any satisfaction from Toyota if your
    frame is broke not only rusted but rotted through. .. Im new member so if someone can tell me how to upload photos I will if anyone would like to take a look ...truck is beautiful but frame is beyond nasty..

12. Oct 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    bill123

bill123 Member

Member:
    06 tacoma. Dealer offered a loaner when I dropped it off for inspection. I declined as I had a ride home. Failed inspection but, said it was ok to drive until they get the kits in(2 months). Has 70k on it. What have you guys upgraded or replaced while they had it apart ? Shocks ?

Thanks.

I read the first 12 pages of posts, so I hope this has not been covered

Bill

13. Oct 28, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    speedy42

speedy42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Toledo, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Sport