Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Experience with Icon stage 1 or 2

Old 08-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
daopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
daopi's Tacoma Gallery
Experience with Icon stage 1 or 2

I have a 2012 TRD Offroad which is my only car used for work in the city. I really like a great pavement ride. Offroad speaking, I am quite happy with the stock behaviour, but a bit of improvement wouldn't hurt. Overall I'm looking for a better ride, using stock wheels and tire size, something like Baja TX or so.

I'd like to hear about your experience with stage 1 or 2 from Icon, maybe regrets not using other options and so on. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
daopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaopi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
daopi's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
EDDO is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
EDDO's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my Stage 1 kit myself this past weekend. Dialed the coil-overs down from the Icon preset to just level the front (call it 1.25" over stock) and take out the lean. Haven't been off pavement yet, but love the ride so far. Find it more comfortable than the TRD OR OEM stuff I took off. Main goal was better ride on rutted/washboard surfaces, remains to be seen. Really happy with it. Good luck!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
smd3 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
smd3's Tacoma Gallery
I love the ride on mine. I have the non-resevoir front coil overs and vs2's on the rear with wheelers had springs (1 leaf removed from each). The back is a bit firm, but not overly so.

The icons really shine when cruising down a dirt road.