1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A testament to the Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eodrunner, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Aug 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    eodrunner

eodrunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerron
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    2 JL 10W3, Infinity reference series speakers all around, infinity 1600a and 475a amps, Pioneer Avicenna-z140bh
    I'll start off by saying I love my Tacoma. I've babied it, built it up, and just enjoyed driving her. It got shipped from Guam to LA in June, or it was supposed to have. To make a long story short I'll do a quick timeline.
    13 June 2014 - Drop off at Shipper
    13 July 2014 - Actually got on a boat(yep, one freakin month later)
    27 July 2014 - Arrived in LA
    06 Aug 2014 - I arrived in LA (Truck not available due to customs; I decide to take my soon to be wife's car, completely loaded with both of our PCS gear to MT to get married...And a dog)
    09 Aug 2014 - estimated availability date (Not available)
    11 Aug 2014 - No later than availability date (Not available)
    15 Aug 2014 - Get married (worth it no matter how I got there, an amazing woman)
    19 Aug 2014 - get a call in the AM that my truck is available; reserve a flight to LA later that night; make plans to meet my wife with her car in SLC; Arrive in LA @ 1130
    20 Aug 2014 - get rental car at 1245 am; drive to Oceanside to pick up stuff wife had to leave behind, drive back, return rental car, show up 755am to pick up truck; Call insurance to let them know; Drive truck away at 0910; Arrive in Livermore @ 4pm and go directly to UHaul to get a receiver and hitch put on; Pick up friend who will help us drive across country; Leave for SLC @ 7pm
    21 Aug 2014 - arrive in SLC, spend a few hours in hotel, then rent a car trailer from uHaul. Put the Nissan Versa on the car trailer(the two wheels on kind); drive
    22 Aug 2014 - drive
    23 Aug 2014 - Arrive at hotel @0700; take friend to airport at 1pm, give him $200 for keeping us alive and providing excellent DJ music.

Long story short. My beautiful truck sat for almost three months, then drove from one ocean to the other, most of it towing another car, and performed wonderfully. I got no worse than 14mpg even going through mountains. Could hit speeds of up to 85mph. It's just a champ. I didn't have a tranny cooler, so I didn't hit those 85mph speeds for long, nor did I push it super hard in the mountains, but still. I did have 4.88 gears and a limited slip put in, and I honestly think that is what helped me in the mountains. I thought it was going to hurt me, but not so much.

Anyway, you gotta love the Tacoma. It's a champ!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top