Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Project! Strobe LIghts

Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
Is mod CraZy...
stevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to allstevomac59 is a name known to all

stevomac59's Tacoma Gallery
Project! Strobe LIghts

I installed two strobe lights today in the front of my truck (bottom of license plate.. After I helped jaye_t with the BHLM, I started working on this! The lights were like 12.99 and came with everything (relay, switch, and wiring). It took me about 45min to install and hide the wires... Im satisfied with its quality so far.. I like the look of it when they are on, it just adds to the BADASS factor of tacomas IMHO.

Here's a video of my current light setup: (turn volume down)

Please tell me what you think!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm a little corny to me.jmo.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
hmmmm a little corny to me.jmo.
they look like pep boys strobes

id say ditch em
Old 04-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Juiceman will become famous soon enough
Juiceman's Tacoma Gallery
jabroni, imo
Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
dude it looks pretty cool, just that its a little to lighty if ya get me? dude like secret said its your truck do what you want with it!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #8
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
I like them! As long as you only use them for "side shows" and adding flare when you go to start the truck and light they asses up! If you get my slang...lol
Old 08-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
I just bought 4 90watt whelen police strobes for $250. It's the real deal and wiring is gonna take like 4-5 hours. i'll put up some pics when done! THREAD REVIVAL
Sick, those things are gunna be hella bright! Hurry up so i can see them.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Isnt that illegal?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Guess I'm lucky, we have a whole suite of whelen lights on our work trucks. After we tear up the area with white n yellow light , you guessed it ..... people dont slow down and drive right through the paint lines we put down.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
Isnt that illegal?
yeah it's not exactly legal i've read up on some of the rules from police forums. i think it's OK to do if it's a highway admin truck but not for a regular Joe. i won't be abusing them, i'll use them if i'm pulled over with a flat or helpin someone else out. i'm gonna have to talk to a cop buddy about it. they aren't getting returned!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
Guess I'm lucky, we have a whole suite of whelen lights on our work trucks. After we tear up the area with white n yellow light , you guessed it ..... people dont slow down and drive right through the paint lines we put down.
They also blatenly run red lights constantly in Portland so... why should yellow lights even remotely phase them?

Also they're only illegal for road use. You can have them but use only off road (car shows, ect). At least that's true in AZ.

Personally, unless it's an emergency or construction vehicle... I think it's retarded. Sure an undercover taco with red 'n blues would look sweet but it's stupid if it's fake.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
anyone seen that movie I Am Legend?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #20
msaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of light
msaniac's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ thats pretty sweet but I don't know about the usage part of them - but if they make you happy there is nothing I can say about it - but other than not having a usage for me I would install them haha badass