1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Morons that work at the dealership !!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hot2na, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Sep 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    XJ1100JKen

XJ1100JKen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Tullahoma, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 BIG SILVER LEMON
    Yeah, it's normal... a characteristic. Gets old real quick. Condensation from the condenser leaking back into the cab? Are you running your air conditioner? Can you see any water dripping underneath the truck while it's running and the air is on? If not, somehow it's working its way into the cab.

while i was running the gopro under ours to spot the vibration, you could see water (high humidity here) dripping constantly under the front end.

2. Sep 19, 2014 at 5:46 AM
    Ehc0720

Ehc0720 Active Member

Member:
    Yes water also runs out on to the ground, the tech said they blew air thru the lines and they weren't blocked. Just moved from AZ to FL, I guess the humidity has something to do with it. I've never had a vehicle drip inside like this before. But, as long as it is just condensation I can live with it.

3. Oct 25, 2014 at 6:39 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    Thought I would revive this thread with some pictures and it's the only one I found with complaints of dealer screw ups so here's the story.
    Took my truck in to have the trans fluid level checked. They found the rear trans seal leaking and I got it fixed for free under a TSB. Started hearing a clanging noise when backing up a couple of days later. I couldn't take it back in right away and before I could one of the carrier bearing bolts fell out and the other one was minutes away from doing the same. Discovered this on a Saturday about 6PM. Called the dealership and the service dept. was closed of course but I wanted someone to come tow my truck back to the dealership and fix it. They told me to call back Monday. I was so angry I called the national Toyota customer service 800 number. They were even less help. They listened to my complaint and that was it. (What is this emergency road side assistance anyway? Does it even exist?). I had to borrow my neighbors truck to go to Lowes and buy a couple of bolts to fix it myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The threads were damaged on the surviving bolt and when I put in the new one I saw that it had bent the fixed nut in the cross member. They didn't attempt to bend it back. The dealership kept my bolts. "Oh, did you want those back." I paid two dollars a piece for those bolts. Never did get them back. What did I get for my trouble? A promise to reduce my next service visit by four dollars for the loss of my bolts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Oct 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    ^^^
    Incredible

You'd think a kid in the shop would leave it like that, but it had to be an ASE mechanic that did the TSB transmission seal work. Unreal.

Products Discussed in

To Top