Notices

Check engine light P0101

Old 08-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
DOUBLE D is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Daniel
DOUBLE D's Tacoma Gallery
Check engine light P0101

So maybe 2 weeks ago I got my oil changed and I cleaned/oiled my second gen trd cai filter. and then driving home last night my check engine light comes on, take it to auto zone this morning to get a print out and get the P0101 code. Not sure what this could be..maybe I over oiled or not enough on the filter? Any input or suggestions would be helpful..Thanks

Old 08-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
The oil is probably on the mass airflow sensor on the intake. Gotta clean it
Old 08-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #3

That's what I figured..I was gonna take it apart again on my day off but I wasn't sure if driving around would mess it up more..and I was looking at getting the pro dry s filter so I don't have to mess with oil anymore, but all I can find is the old coned shaped ones?
Old 08-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE D View Post
That's what I figured..I was gonna take it apart again on my day off but I wasn't sure if driving around would mess it up more..and I was looking at getting the pro dry s filter so I don't have to mess with oil anymore, but all I can find is the old coned shaped ones?
Hmmm I haven't looked for a dry filter for that intake in a while...I couldn't tell you.
But you should be ok till the day you have some time. Just don't let it be too long
Old 08-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Jrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of lightJrahn0822 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jake
Jrahn0822's Tacoma Gallery
Idk if it will fit but you can buy a Volant dry filter for the FJ and it fits in the Volant air box for the Tacoma. Guessing the trd cai and Volant box are practically the same in dimensions.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrahn0822 View Post
Idk if it will fit but you can buy a Volant dry filter for the FJ and it fits in the Volant air box for the Tacoma. Guessing the trd cai and Volant box are practically the same in dimensions.
ill check that out, thanks
Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #7

So when I was driving home from work, i was pulling out of our parking going like 10 mph and the speedometer was saying I was going 25. Then once I pulled onto the freeway, felt like i was going 60-65 but the speedometer said I was doing 85. This morning I took out the MAF sensor, which was loose btw, and cleaned it with the CRC Maf cleaner. Drove 15 miles to work and so far so good..hopefully that fixed it.