1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More leaf spring TSB questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Parrothead1809, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Aug 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    Parrothead1809

Parrothead1809 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm working with the local Toyota shop to apply this TSB to my 2010 TRD Double cab. I stared doing some light hauling and hope this will stiffen up the ride.

The other issue I hope it resolves is the loud bang when I go over deep pot holes or RR tracks, that I hear from the back. These are true whether I'm hauling or not. Any thoughts?

Also, does this TSB give any lift to the truck? And finally, has anyone who has had this done, regretted it afterwards? I just want to know what to expect.

Thanks as always - this is the best Taco board on the web!!!!!

-PH

Ps: Sorry for the repost; I had originally posted this in another thread. My bad.

2. Aug 30, 2014 at 1:18 PM
    asuchemist

asuchemist My Hamstrings Hurt!

Member:
    South South Dirty Gilbert
    Vehicle:
    11' TRD Sport V6, 23' TRD Pro 4Runner, 23' Tacoma TRD Pro
    NONE

Slightly higher in the back with the TSB. Stiffened the ride a little bit. I like how it rides now then before. I have no regrets.

Prior to the TSB if the bed was full of stuff I would get mad sag. With the extra leaf it helps a lot.

Took the dealer a couple of hours. Dealer was trying to convince me not to get it done because it will stiffen up the ride.

Get her done...

Products Discussed in

To Top