Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

hood scoop flys off

Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
tarik88 is on a distinguished road
tarik88's Tacoma Gallery
hood scoop flys off

Hey guys I just purchased my 2007 Tacoma two weeks ago and already having bad luck, so I was driving on the highway today at approximately 65mph and next think i know the hood scoop comes flying off the hood and over the roof into the shoulder of the road. I stop pick it up, the black piece thats suppose to be behind the grill screen thing is off and I look at the scoop its self and it looks like someone fooled around with it cause there is little clips holding in the grill screen. So now is the dealers going to cover this under warranty or what??
Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thats crazy just explain to them what happened i wouldnt see why not
Old 10-17-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I would say your covered
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that crazy man, I have had my X-Runner over 110 mph and my scoop never moved.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
They MAY try to blame you for it. So be prepared to tell them you did not touch the hood scoop till it hit the road.

A Dodge dealership once told me that I removed the rear windshield on a brand new vehicle, hence the leak and I should pay for the repair.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #6
tarik88's Tacoma Gallery
okay so i went to the dealer today and i spoke to the service manager and he said that it was not covered under the warranty but he went ahead and fixed the scoop...he put three screws in the back where they were suppose to be....
Old 10-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
at least they took care of it. so sad to hear about your hood.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
thats crazy...at least he did fix it. their negligence(sp) should be covered...period
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Not covered under warranty! Its a brand new truck and part of the body actually FELL OFF! My ass its not covered. If they refused to fix it i would have raised so much hell i would have had to be carted away in a cop car. Glad he took care of it at least.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:08 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division
Oxian is on a distinguished road

Army: Armorer SPC, A Btry 1st of the 82nd Field Artillery, Ft Hood Texas
Oxian's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question. But remember, i havent seen my Taco fo 7.5 monthes now so bear with me. Is the scoop functional? or is it blocked off completely?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
m3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of lightm3dragon is a glorious beacon of light
m3dragon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxian View Post
I have a question. But remember, i havent seen my Taco fo 7.5 monthes now so bear with me. Is the scoop functional? or is it blocked off completely?
Looks only. Just lift your hood up and look dead center. The engine is right there and the intake is not even close. Even if you took the screen out it would still not be functional
Old 10-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #12
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik88 View Post
Hey guys I just purchased my 2007 Tacoma two weeks ago and already having bad luck, so I was driving on the highway today at approximately 65mph and next think i know the hood scoop comes flying off the hood and over the roof into the shoulder of the road. I stop pick it up, the black piece thats suppose to be behind the grill screen thing is off and I look at the scoop its self and it looks like someone fooled around with it cause there is little clips holding in the grill screen. So now is the dealers going to cover this under warranty or what??
How did the scoop fall off? I'm confused cause as far as I can tell I thought the hood and scoop is all one piece of metal??
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
How did the scoop fall off? I'm confused cause as far as I can tell I thought the hood and scoop is all one piece of metal??
no...if u look a the top of the hood, u can see a seam where the front part of the scoop is an insert. if u pop the hood, u should see bolts where it attaches to the main section of the hood.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #14
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! I have my truck for over a year now and I do drive 80-90 somtime in highway and never had that problem. Glad the stearlership took care of that for you bro.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #15
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Was your truck used, or somebody else borrow it? 5 bolts hold the scoop insert to the hood. I don't see how it could come loose.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #16
tarik88's Tacoma Gallery
no the truck is brand new.....but u know sometimes people like to fool around with things at the dealership...where i got my truck the sales person doesnt come with you for the test drive and who the hell knows what people do to these cars/trucks on the test drive.....