Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does the All Pro Pack Rack Interfere with Light Bar in Bed?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Does the All Pro Pack Rack Interfere with Light Bar in Bed?

Specifically this:

http://www.pelfreybilt.com/#!light-bars/c1piq

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I had this exact same question about the exact same light bar lol. So ive been looking at the pack rack on AP website trying to determine the answer to this and now that you said yes I am a bid confused. Does the pack rack require that you REMOVE the bed rails? Or does it bolt OVER the factory bed rails?? I dont get how it attached to the bed.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
I had this exact same question about the exact same light bar lol. So ive been looking at the pack rack on AP website trying to determine the answer to this and now that you said yes I am a bid confused. Does the pack rack require that you REMOVE the bed rails? Or does it bolt OVER the factory bed rails?? I dont get how it attached to the bed.
The L bracket covers the rails and uses sections of flat bar with threaded holes to bolt onto the factory track. check out the additional pictures and you can see the insert they offer.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504ta...tacomabedracks
Old 09-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha. So i saw that picture but it wasnt too clear how it actually installed. It looks like the rail is removed in that picture. But that makes since now. So on the Rack itself it has basically an "L" bracket that rests on the bed and then folds down and over the oem rails and covers the entire length of the bed... Then their are periodic inserts that it bolts too? (hopefully that made sense). Do the flat bar inserts also extend the entire lengh of the rail or are they sporadically placed? Hoe much distance between each insert? So essentially I could just notch the "L" bracket where the bed bar connects to the factory rail then?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Gotcha. So i saw that picture but it wasnt too clear how it actually installed. It looks like the rail is removed in that picture. But that makes since now. So on the Rack itself it has basically an "L" bracket that rests on the bed and then folds down and over the oem rails and covers the entire length of the bed... Then their are periodic inserts that it bolts too? (hopefully that made sense). Do the flat bar inserts also extend the entire lengh of the rail or are they sporadically placed? Hoe much distance between each insert? So essentially I could just notch the "L" bracket where the bed bar connects to the factory rail then?
Yea they are L brackets that drop down over the channels. They're not the full length, just inserts to be placed wherever. I'm willing to bed 4 would suffice. 1 in each corner. I'm not sure on the space between each hole. I'm sure All Pro could chime in if they read this and give us the dimensions. Or someone could send them a message.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
Since the Pack Rack is weld together...I could just have it cut and shortened so it doesn't take up the entire length of the bed before welding it correct? Then it would work with the light bar?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
ttt
Old 09-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
ktaylor98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kurtis
ktaylor98's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pictures of how it mounts.

and another

Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
ktaylor98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kurtis
ktaylor98's Tacoma Gallery
so the mounts are 3/16th thick on either side. you would have to notch out the mount plates for it to fit right or else the light bar would be to wide. it would not be able to fit in between our mounts. Hope this helps. i would be happy to answer any questions you have though.