1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Got backed into this morning!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Silence9, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Sep 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Only if the check is over a certain amount. I had a claim, they sent me the check, I sent to Toyota financial who endorsed it and sent it back...I cashed it and went on with my life. :cool:

2. Sep 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    Silence9

Silence9 [OP] Solve et Coagula

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Are you saying his insurance company flips me a cheque for the quote? Does that mean I can get the cheaper quoted place to do the work and I do my own touch up? Or do they just pay the bill when the work is done?

3. Sep 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    MarkH

MarkH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    I was rear ended a few months ago, and the impact bent the RH side of the bumper into the bedside. It did not look that bad initially but when they finally tore it apart they found the bedside was buckled under the fender flare. The repair ended up costing about $3400. Though I chipped in a few hundred and now have a Armored Tech Offroad rear bumper. :D

Make sure that the trim is fitting correctly now, or there may be some hidden damage that is missed initially. In my case they missed it, but I pointed out to the estimator that the fender flare was not sitting flat and there was a gap that was not there before the accident.

4. Sep 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    Silence9

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Thank you; I will ensure it is combed over well; it's not my fault someone took her away from factory condition.

Did they write a cheque or just pay the bill?

5. Sep 6, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    MarkH

MarkH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Both, they initially paid the estimate directly to me. Then when the idiots at the body shop finally inspected it for additional damage, 10 days after I dropped it off, they paid for the repair to the bedside directly to the body shop.

6. Sep 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Well I guess since you're not at fault, it might be slightly different... I was at fault and there was no damage to the other guys truck (hit the hitch ball) so I dealt with my insurance directly...

7. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    Silence9

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    So I cleared up the insurance end. I'm going to be switching insurance providers as I had a nightmarish experience dealing with them. Sadly his company was way easier to deal with and actually knowledgable.

Upon further inspection, he scraped the tail light too. She said they can try buffing it out, but if it doesn't look perfect I have the right to demand a brand new one right? I baby this truck and it's not my fault that someone can't drive and backs into a parked vehicle. I want it mint. They're mint besides that scrape, it's so new it looks like spotless glass, I won't accept any swirl marks or evidence of sanding.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  8. Sep 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    Silence9

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    So my truck is in for repair, they gave me a brand new '14 Chevy Silverado v8 in black. It's really sexy, big huge mean grille, but it's slower than my taco, and all the parts it's made out of seem so cheap! From the dash fabric to the steering wheel, it feels like a toy truck. Happy I bought a taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top