1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sway bar delete review

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Connormc11, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sep 7, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    Connormc11

Connormc11 [OP] Jangler

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Norfolk VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD-Offroad
    So just as a preface, i have a 2010 DCSB TRD off-road with one 886x coils up front and the dakars in the back. i am also running a Line-X CBI front bumper. i took off my sway bar today and thought id give some feedback for anyone wondering if they should. i had to drive from Charlotte to and Boone and it was pouring down rain, so about the best test case i could ask for: wet, winding roads and hills. i didn't notice any sort of "looseness" weaving in and out of traffic around charlotte or going 75 down the interstate. even in Boone with wet roads and tight turns going up and down hill i noticed no increase in sway. now i can't speak for stock suspension, but with those 886x i have no intention of putting that thing back on.

2. Sep 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Just took my swaybar off. running stock TRD or coils with 5100's at 1.75, and a wheelers 2in single aal on a 3+1 leaf pack in the rear. While the overall body roll is more. its nothing scary and the ride improved SO MUCH. Flexes a shit ton better as well.

3. Sep 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    Vantage

Vantage Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Titan Pro 4x
    I have no swaybar on my 884x OME setup and I notice a little more body roll. If I could do it again I would leave it on.

If you don't do a ton of hard core offroading you wont notice the difference offroad.

All things being equal, I test drove a 2014 Tacoma recently, and it has a LOT more body roll than any other truck I've driven. My beat up old 2004 2500 Ram corners like its on rails in comparison.

4. Sep 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    18 RAM EcoDiesel
    Laramie
    Maybe I'm stuck on sports car mode, but body roll isn't something I really worry about in a truck. I expect it.

In a G37 with KW variant 3 coilovers? Money. Did I mention how much I miss that car? (yes, I have... a lot)

Products Discussed in

To Top