1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How did your frame replacement go?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tankd0g, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Sep 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    tankd0g

tankd0g [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    On my hunt for a used Tacoma in eastern Canada so far I've only found two types. Low mileage ones with extremely rusty frames for their age and rough interiors, and a price tag that frankly makes no sense. Sometimes $10k more than the V6 Rav4 I have from the same year.

And there there's high mileage trucks with strangely better interiors and paint and frames replaced with an only slightly less outrageous price tag. I've seen one of these frames get replaced and it's not a pretty job, every bolt and clip on the truck breaks or has to be drilled out, brake and fuel lines need replacing and who knows how many electrical connectors get busted. Those of you that have had it done, was the truck ever the same again? I have a feeling a lot of these were traded in because the owners were not happy with the result.

2. Sep 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM
    dkgenerallee

dkgenerallee Member

Member:
    Not entirely related but I had my frame replaced on my 01 tundra about 2 or 3 years ago and it went pretty smooth. Truck came out way better than it went in and never had to take it back for any issues related to the swap. Any parts they broke they also replaced with new ones, my steering rack they broke a mount bolt was a big ticket item I got new, and there were some other small things to, which was nice.

3. Sep 11, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    smithr1730

smithr1730 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '15 TX Pro
    Offroad parts and such
    had mine replaced a month and a half ago after a accident. Like above, mine came out better than it went it (even before the accident). Drives better and rides better. They also replaced anything that was broken.

Products Discussed in

To Top