1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A couple of questions/issues after Lift!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dnrexy, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Sep 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    Dnrexy

Dnrexy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Vehicle:
    14' Tacocat
    4.5" RCD Lift, 17" Ballistic Jester, 33" Fierce Attitude MT's, N-Fab Bars, Borla Pro Muffler
    Hello Forum,

First let me thank you guys for everything.. I've got a lot of great info over the past few months from this forum. Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

I'm gonna try and kill 2 birds with one stone here and just share a couple of issues I have after lift.

The attached photo covers them both.

The 1st issue is the broken wire. My ABS light and Traction Control light came on about a month after I had the lift installed and I didn't pay too much attention to it. A few days ago I did a little walk around to see what I could find after searching this forum... And I found this. I'm assuming this is my issue is a broken ABS wire? I'm not mechanically inclined so I'll either be taking it to the dealer or to a trustworthy mechanic I know. I have a 2014 so I may take it to the dealership first and see if I get lucky and have them replace it under warranty.. Not holding my breath though. What do you guys recommend? When they replace this can they make it longer? Because I see why it snapped or cut because it was stretched pretty tight. Any more info on this would be appreciated.

Secondly, as you can see in the picture there is some rust looking surfaces exposed after lifting. I'm not too sure what to do with this. Is this normal? Should I just spray some black Rust-O? Hopefully its not too big of a deal.

Thanks for everthing again!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Sep 17, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    NCtaco914

NCtaco914 MALLIN'CRAWLIN'

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    You'll have to go to the dealer about the wheel speed sensor wire. Even if you replace the wire/harness yourself you may need to have it reset or in my case re-calibrated.

As far as the surface rust (all it is) is fine. Dont worry about it. Just sections that were machined flat and not painted. Nothing at all to worry about. Even your stock Toyota components were done like that.

3. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    Dnrexy

Dnrexy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Vehicle:
    14' Tacocat
    4.5" RCD Lift, 17" Ballistic Jester, 33" Fierce Attitude MT's, N-Fab Bars, Borla Pro Muffler
    Ok, for anyone else in the future. The wire/sensor is $85 from Toyota and another $200 for install! My dealer didn't cover it under warranty. I bought the wire and will connect it myself. Mechanic there showed me where it clips in a few places and told me not to use all of the clips as this will give the wire more room to move freely. Hopefully the ABS & Traction light go off. Part will be in tomm morning.

Thanks RadTaco914 for easing my concerns about the rust colored spots. I sprayed some black Rust-O over it so I don't have to look at it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  4. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    shore990

shore990 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road
    Dnrexy, how much lift did you add? I'm planning on my lift in the near future and haven't seen or heard of this problem. I just want to make sure I have my bases covered.

5. Sep 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    Dnrexy

Dnrexy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane
    Palm Beach Gardens
    Vehicle:
    14' Tacocat
    I went with 4.5 inch RCD lift. There are a few instances of this scattered around the forum. Although I don't think I've seen one like mine where the whole thing snapped in half :(
    Once you get the lift on just make sure the ABS wire isn't too tight! It's very easy to spot it. Wish I would have known this before hand. But oh well.

6. Nov 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    Rainmaker

Rainmaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    North California
    Vehicle:
    2019 Access Cab 4x4
    Where did you find the replacement wire? Did everything work out when you put it in yourself?

Products Discussed in

To Top