1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fluid film question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by skiergd011013, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Oct 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    Archimedes

Archimedes Demanufacturer

Member:
    Outside the stupid part of Vermont
    Vehicle:
    23 DCSB TRD OR MGM
    Full-on degenerate heavy metal banjo music
    I got this Taco last July. I was like MikeyMcFly and was underneath the first weekend slopping on the FF heavy where I could with a brush and spraying where it was just easier. The only area I avoided was the brake rotors and inside of the drums; no problems noticed.

I rinsed the underside once or twice over winter (few chances in northern VT). Just this past week I did a power soap wash and rinse by hand to remove the grime buildup and prepare to do a fresh coating, and it seemed actually quite difficult to get the old stuff off. If I was more than 6 inches away it removed most of the dirt, but there was still some film left. In my experience you have to be right up against with the washer to get it off.

Once it is out of the way, anywhere that the paint didn't flake off still looks like new. I lost paint at spots on the leafs and their guides and that's where the rust started since the protection is gone. Now I know I need to hit these whenever I see them. For me it seems like it stays put even with washes, works well, and is worth the time and effort.

2. Dec 4, 2021 at 7:47 PM
    aklett

aklett Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC TRD OR
    Are you still using this method? If so, how’s your frame holding up these days?

Products Discussed in

To Top