Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Color regret

Old 09-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Shwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shwaa's Tacoma Gallery
Color regret

Anyone regret the color they chose for their Tacoma? Right now my black is fine, and I like it. I can see in 3-4 years though how it may really start to show it's age with the paint. I'll just need to keep on top of it, and keep it clean.

If I had to do it all over I may have opted for white.

If you had to do it all over again would you have chosen differently?
Old 09-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. MGMDCLBFTMFW.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
yaapp is on a distinguished road
yaapp's Tacoma Gallery
Sorta. Kind of. Not really.

I have a MGM but sometimes I wish I got white. But I knew if I have gotten white, I would have wished I gotten MGM
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Wheeler in Training
Speedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zane
Speedytech7's Tacoma Gallery
I will say that my Evergreen Pearl has held up great for being 18 years old, but I think the youngest looking vehicle I've ever owned was a 15 year old Ford Explorer, and it is because the white just looked perfect when it was washed (even though upon super close inspection you could tell it was scratched to hell).
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
teamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamcurtis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curtis
teamcurtis's Tacoma Gallery
First white vehicle... ill get back to you in 3 years.

I've regretted every black vehicle I've owned. Just cant keep it clean and the swirls show so bad in the sun. LOVED the dark grey tundra I had
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #7
jtweezy is on a distinguished road
jtweezy's Tacoma Gallery
With the summer heat in Texas and no covered parking at work, I don't regret going with the Super White and the TRD grey fabric.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I originally wanted MGM but couldn't find a 2011 left over in January of 2012 in that color. Found a white one and I really like it. I didn't think I would ever like a white vehicle but it's grown on me and would probably get the same again.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Have MGM wish it was pyrite.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
cyakker is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cyakker's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, the opposite. Was teetering between white or silver, ended up with Blue Ribbon. Not a color I ever expected myself to be driving, but once I saw it I was in love and haven't looked back since.

(since a week ago, maybe check in w/ me again in a year)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
TacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Swb no regrets.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Love my pyrite.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
Have black and love it but if I had to do it over again I'd get white because of the heat and because storm trooper.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets on the white Tacoma. Had a couple of black vehicles in the past and one dark maroon and I swore I would stick with light colors in the future if I had a choice.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #15
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
4th white vehicle. No regrets.
Had 3 black ones and hated each one.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #16
Shwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shedShwaa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shwaa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruchai View Post
4th white vehicle. No regrets.
Had 3 black ones and hated each one.

If you hated each one, why did you buy 3 of them and not stop after 1?
Old 09-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #17
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets of my Silver streak mica. Rarely do I see dust on it, water streaks, rocks chips, swirl marks, etc.... BEST color ever for me
Old 09-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #18
It's an anywhere road for anybody anyhow
DanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanceswithWolves is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
DanceswithWolves's Tacoma Gallery
I have silver, my CX-9 is silver. I have owned several black vehicles and while they looked great freshly washed and waxed, by the next week they looked like trash. Same goes for any dark color vehicle I have owned, but by far black has been worst. Dark colors reflect too much light and create too much heat. I like white the best but wife says it look like a fleet vehicle or an appliance, so silver it is.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
pruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shedpruchai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pruchai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwaa View Post
If you hated each one, why did you buy 3 of them and not stop after 1?
Not back to back.

1st one I bought in 1998 because I wanted a black one. Big mistake. It also got keyed 2 weeks I purchased it. Entire passenger side. Front to back all the way to the metal. Some asshole decided that the *only* car sitting on the lot was a perfect target.

2nd one was ex-wifes. Inherited after the divorce in 2002. Was only a year into the lease, so I sold the car that was paid off and kept this one.

3rd one.... Eh.... Was somewhat of a impulse buy last December. Had a 3,000 mile trip coming up and my old one need $7,000 worth of repairs. The deal was waaaay too good to pass. So i bought it. Got ripped off by the dealer and made them buy it back after 6 months and give me my deposit back. They lost a shitload of money on it and now I'm driving my brand new white Tacoma

Definitely not going to get another black one.