1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where can I find a dealer that will custom order w/ Supercharger?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pbiancardi, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Sep 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    pbiancardi

pbiancardi [OP] Member

Member:
    Hello all, I have been reading about Tacoma's for a while now and stopped at a couple of my local dealers but they do not seem familiar with any of the options or what I am trying to do and only want to dump off whatever is sitting on their lot. Do any dealers read these forums or can anyone recommend a good dealer (or specific sales person) in the Chicagoland / NW Indiana area (or anywhere really)?

I want to find or order a truck with the following options being must have (look like a good build)?
    4x4
    V6
    TRD Sport Extra Value Package
    Tube Steps - Black Powder
    Performance Exhaust
    TRD Supercharger

Looking for something I can drive daily and will get me through rough winters, no off roading.

I have an existing 2014 Camaro 2SS (love it but dont want to maintain a summer and winter vehicle) to trade.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. Sep 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    cyakker

cyakker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SD (at least we're not Mars)
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC, TRD-OR, V6
    As far as I understand, the last 3 items on your list are dealer installed accessories. And the supercharger cannot be rolled into a finance deal for the overall vehicle with Toyota.

So basically you're looking for a 4x4 v6 TRD Sport w/ Extra Value Pak, and if you're not picky about color I'd be surprised if it's not to be found in existing inventory -- (including dealer lots from surrounding area & what's coming off line currently). Can't imagine that would need to be special factory-ordered. Based on my experience.

3. Sep 22, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    pbiancardi

pbiancardi [OP] Member

Member:
    I don't have an issue paying cash for the supercharger but I dont know how to get one and have it installed? Local dealers look at me like I am crazy when I ask about it??

4. Sep 22, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    cyakker

cyakker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SD (at least we're not Mars)
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC, TRD-OR, V6
    Sales guy or parts/service guy?? My guess is that you'd probably have better luck with the latter.

5. Sep 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    UltraE05

UltraE05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Crew Cab
    Talk to the service department about the super charger and exhaust. Tell them exactly what you put on here. If need be ask the service department to speak with the sales department about installing the goodies before you take delivery of the truck. A good dealer will do all the leg work for you.

6. Sep 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    Pool Runner

Pool Runner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    '14,TRD/OR, Entune & Nav '13 Subaru Outback
    Lowes Slimline Tool box, OEM Bug shield.
    Come out to California. My dealer here says they do at least 1-2 a month. But they want $6K for the whole thing, installed. Will not negotiate on price.

I really want a Supercharger for my '14, TRD/OR, but only if it cures the weak torque at throttle tip in? I am willing to spend upwards of $5K for this, if it drives similar to an EcoBoost F-150 afterwards, meaning immediate torque at throttle tip in. (Not looking for a drag racer) or highway machine. Just want more brute force down low, for hauling & towing.

If that's not how the Supercharger feels, or works. I will pass.

7. Sep 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    Yes, talk to the service guys. They will know way more about it than the sales guys.

Also, if you pay cash or have the truck + supercharger finance by someone besides toyota make sure they install it before you ever take possession of the truck. Its the only way to have it registered as Original Equipment. This is only important if you purchase an extended warranty. If you just go with stock warranty, and have the dealer install after you've had the truck, then you will get the remainder of factory power train warranty which is the 5year/60k mile.

8. Sep 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    rob1208

rob1208 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tacoma DCSB MGM TRD OR
    TRD Supercharger AFE CAI ProDryS ADS 2.5 Remote Resi Shocks ADS Rear Piggy Back 10" Travel Shocks ADS 2.0 Rear Hydro Bump Kit Deaver U402 Leaf Pack + Add a Leaf MCM Fab Uniball UCAs TC Spindle Gussets BAMF 100% Bolt On Sliders BAMF 1/4" Steel Skid Trilogy BAMF Diff Diaper Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper with Warn VR10000-s Winch Brute Force Fab High Clearance Dual Swingout Rear Bumper Custom Car Grills Mesh Grill Insert Stealth Custom Series SR8 - Matte Black 16x8 285/75/16 Toyo Tires Open Country AT2 Relentless Fabrication Ditch Light Bracket Mounts 2x2 Ditch Lights Apex Fab Works Flush Lower Grill Light Bar Mounts Caliraised 32" Light Bar Tech Deck Extreme Vagabond Outdoors Drifter
    Actually, this depends. I purchased my 2014 DCSB TRD Pro over labor day weekend. When I first asked, they said they would not finance the supercharger. I decided to trade in my subaru wrx and I got ~$10k+ for my trade in and after that, they were willing to finance the super charger. In fact, just dropped off the truck this morning for the install.

I was able to negotiate the price. I showed my sales guy the price for the super charger parts from trdparts4u ($600 less than their original quote). He came back to me and knocked the total price for the super charger installed to ~$5200 (original quote was ~$5800). They rolled that into the financing I got for the truck. Getting the discount on the supercharger might have been due to it being 30 minutes from closing, the sales guy working with me over the last 3.5 hours, and the supercharger price was the deciding factor.

9. Sep 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    Pool Runner

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, is there any difference in feel, at low speeds. Does the truck feel more peppy when your not going hard into the throttle. That's the deciding factor for me. I never or rarely go 9/10's so having more tip in response, or mid range is more important, than WOT conditions.

10. Sep 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    eazyrider711

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    Its technically against the rules for a dealer to finance the Supercharger. They most likely did some fuzzy math on the back end where they paid cash from the trade end for the S/C or something. Either way, good job getting negotiated down. I couldn't get my guy here to come down, so I just ordered the part directly from trdparts4u and brought it in. That worked out better anyways since I saved state sales tax ordering it online. :D

11. Sep 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    rob1208

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger AFE CAI ProDryS ADS 2.5 Remote Resi Shocks ADS Rear Piggy Back 10" Travel Shocks ADS 2.0 Rear Hydro Bump Kit Deaver U402 Leaf Pack + Add a Leaf MCM Fab Uniball UCAs TC Spindle Gussets BAMF 100% Bolt On Sliders BAMF 1/4" Steel Skid Trilogy BAMF Diff Diaper Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper with Warn VR10000-s Winch Brute Force Fab High Clearance Dual Swingout Rear Bumper Custom Car Grills Mesh Grill Insert Stealth Custom Series SR8 - Matte Black 16x8 285/75/16 Toyo Tires Open Country AT2 Relentless Fabrication Ditch Light Bracket Mounts 2x2 Ditch Lights Apex Fab Works Flush Lower Grill Light Bar Mounts Caliraised 32" Light Bar Tech Deck Extreme Vagabond Outdoors Drifter
    Not sure, Toyota is doing the install today (dropped off the truck this morning). I'm sure other guys on here can answer that question though.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if thats what they did to make it work. In any case, it worked out for them since they sold me that day by just financing the supercharger (I would've bought the truck eventually but I was planning to hold out a few more months).

12. Sep 22, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    zmw

zmw Well-Known Member

Member:
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    2014 TXproBAJA
    none
    Find a new dealer - I ordered my truck and bought the supercharger cash, it was installed before I took delivery - Toyota financing will NOT pay for it in their financing but my credit union had no problem with me adding the super charger and financing it, I just chose not to.

I think the issue is toyota doesn't want their dealers installing a 6k$ addon without a commited buyer.

13. Sep 22, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    Pool Runner

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Look forward to a review after you get this bolted on, of course after the grin wears off a little in a few days.

14. Sep 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    eazyrider711

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    When I was researching mine I spoke with a woman at TRD corporate. She told me that the only way to get the S/C covered under a Toyota Extended Warranty is to have it installed before you take possession from the dealership. It may be a small thing, but I bet they don't like to warranty an expensive part that they assume gets abused and ridden hard. Just a guess on why though.

15. Sep 22, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    bacon8977

bacon8977 New Member

Member:
    mexico
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma trd
    i order my 2015 tacoma acces cab trd offroad ay toyota redmcoms in san antonio, tx. i want a supercharge and the brake kit install but they tell me there are no 2015 supercharge. need to wait until january. they only ask for 1,000.00 dlls deposit and takes 2 to 3 months. just got mine

16. Sep 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    rob1208

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    I don't know about Texas since we have CARB out here win California but when I was talking to the dealer about the 2015 Tacomas, the sales guy told me the supercharger wasn't CARB approved yet so toyota couldn't officially sell the supercharger for the 2015 (even though the physical parts were the same as on the 2014 model, the ecu flash being the "new" part).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  17. Sep 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    Too bad you weren't closer, I would talk to you about a buyer for your Camaro. My MIL is looking for one.

18. Sep 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    There are plenty of trd and Toyota sites that sell the s/c. Slap on a URD 7th injector kit and you're good to go.
    I forget if the 2nd gens have the power ECT switch, I'm guessing no. But damn that makes a difference on the lower end

19. Sep 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    FatTony415

FatTony415 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    '20 DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Stock for now
    The Tube Steps and TRD Performance Exhaust are dealer installed options that you select at the time of purchase and finance with the truck. Also, the dealer will (should) install them for free. The TRD Supercharger cannot be financed with the vehicle and you have to pay for installation, but if it is installed by the dealer, it is subject to the full factory warranty. I know because I went through the same thing when I got mine. Sometimes good lenders will finance the supercharger with a separate loan, but it will likely be at a higher interest rate (like a credit card rate) because it's not really secured.

20. Sep 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    indymoto

indymoto New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Indy
    3" Prcomp suspension lift, 20x10 XD Heist, 295/60/20 Toyo AT2's, Grillcraft mesh grill, Rigid 30", de-bagded, smoked & other extra's
    PM sent - several good options in Indiana

Products Discussed in

To Top