1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Regular vs Sport Nitrocharger?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by plurpimpin, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Sep 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    plurpimpin

plurpimpin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Ok so I'm ready to order my full OME suspension kit from Wheelers and I have one quick question. After reading tons of reviews I'm set on the OME kit but I just realized wheelers has 2 options, I can either get the regular Nitrocharger Shocks or the Sport Nitrochargers. What is everyone here running?

I will be running the lift at 2.75 inches (no spacer in the front). My truck is my daily driver and I don't want to ruin the ride but I also don't wheel super hard, mostly forestry roads right now, I am starting to build the truck up alittle though so that could change in the future... still won't be rock crawling or anything though.

Which is more popular the regular or sport nitrochargers? Am I really going to notice much of a difference between the two? I generally use my truck as a truck and expect it to drive like a truck, not a sports car or anything.

EDIT: I've searched all over and can't find much for details other than "the sports have a firmer more sport oriented ride" (according to ARB)

2. Sep 22, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I didn't know there was a difference :confused:

3. Sep 22, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    plurpimpin

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    I didn't until today when I noticed wheeler's has 2 different kits.

4. Sep 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    plurpimpin

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Did some more research and I think I've decided on the nitrocharger sports. They're a newer design meant to improve upon the original nitrocharger (in most situations for the average user). I copied and pasted some of the info I found for people to use as future reference. Found this had been asked several times in the past but didn't get any answers.

My main concern was that the sport would ride rougher and harsher but that doesn't seem to be a problem (note that I said rough and harsh, not debating whether or not they are firmer because they are). Especially considering plenty of users have the sport shocks and I figure there'd be more complaints about it if harshness was a problem.

If all else fails I'm going with the it costs $90 more so it must be better approach :rolleyes: Oh and horray for over analyzing things before spending abunch of money!

From ARB:

From a dealer on expedition portal regarding the sports:

From a user on IH8Mud comparing the old nitrocharger to the sport:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  5. Sep 22, 2014 at 4:20 PM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    subd for reference

Products Discussed in

To Top